latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Still having tremendous problems

Home Forums Community Forum Still having tremendous problems

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice. Last updated by  Matthew Bailey 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Sep 9th, 2013 at 8:26 pm #59332

I feel I’ve been on this forum a little too much but I’m really struggling to keep this plugin as my membership site.

Rather than list all the problems, I’ll go with the biggest two:

1) new members are not being sent a registration email after the pay. I checked the logs and nothing is going out. I also tested it with my second paypal account and nothing went through. This is a big issue as:

a) people need to email me and tell me they can’t log in. I then need to add them manually which also means I need to manually delete them when or if they cancel subscription.
b) My affiliates don’t get paid. Unfortunately, s2member and idevaffiliate work by tracking an affiliate sale only when the person registers rather than pays.

Which brings up big problem #2

– Integration with Idevaffiliate. I would think that the sale shouldbe tracked when payment is made but instead, it is tracked when the new customer registers. If anything goes wrong, such as what I wrote above, I will never know that the sale came from an affiliate and they will never get paid.

Questions:

1. Is their any way to fix this? Is their any way to create something where I could resend the email and it would still track everything?

2. Is it possible to hire a programmer who knows s2member inside and out and can fix this for me?

3. If I need to switch systems, is it possible to keep the current member recurring payments going?

Thank you

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.