latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Still no integration with clickbank

Home Forums Community Forum Still no integration with clickbank

This topic contains 21 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 12 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Dec 19th, 2012 at 5:38 pm #35103

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Dec 21st, 2012 at 5:43 am #35215

Hi Robert.

Could you please make sure you have logging enabled, run a new test transaction and then post here (x’ing out any private info) the entries from all the logs (including the ones that say paypal in the name). [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Options -› Account Details -› Logging[/hilite]

Did you double check that you entered all the credentials correctly? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Options[/hilite]

Is this normal??? Wasn’t this suppose to be instant? I clicked on this notice after a few minutes and was taken to my click bank thank you page. No email arrived.

If s2Member doesn’t get a notification from the payment gateway right away, it’ll have to wait for it, so it tells the user to look for the email later, which s2Member will send after it gets confirmation of the payment. Did you check your spam folder to see if it went there?

Also, When I put the code for the thank you page into clickbank I click on it to test it and I get a message stating “ERROR: Unable to verify POST vars. Please contact Support for assistance.”

That URL is expecting some POST vars that ClickBank includes when returning the user after checkout. If you’re loading that URL in your browser, those vars will be missing and that’s why the error.

Posted: Friday Dec 21st, 2012 at 3:20 pm #35270

Ok, Cristian… here is the log info (click bank rtn info a bit farther down)

PHP v5.2.17 :: WordPress® v3.4.2 :: s2Member® v121213 :: s2Member® Pro v121213
Memory 29.76 MB :: Real Memory 30.00 MB :: Peak Memory 30.94 MB :: Real Peak Memory 31.25 MB
ultimatestressreductionprogram.com/?s2member_pro_clickbank_return=1&s2member_pro_clickbank_return_success=http%3A%2F%2Fultimatestressreductionprogram.com%2Fthank-you%2F&item=3&cbreceipt=D5B5EJ4S&time=1356120070&cbpop=82FA409D&cbaffi=0&cname=Testcard+New&cemail=healthsynergy2.ca%40gmail.com&ccountry=CA&czip=M2J3E3&s2_invoice=1&s2_p1=0+D&s2_p3=1+M&s2_desc=Bronze+Member+%2F+description+and+pricing+details+here.&s2_custom=ultimatestressreductionprogram.com&s2_customer_ip=216.59.248.91&s2_subscr_id=s2-50d4be6386f63&s2_referencing=1&_s2member_sig=1356119651-9fcf20f5ed0a363f93b281e458ad00ca
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_5) AppleWebKit/536.25 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Safari/536.25
array (
‘item’ => ‘3’,
‘cbreceipt’ => ‘D5B5EJ4S’,
‘time’ => ‘1356120070’,
‘cbpop’ => ’82FA409D’,
‘cbaffi’ => ‘0’,
‘cname’ => ‘Testcard New’,
‘cemail’ => ‘healthsynergy2.ca@gmail.com’,
‘ccountry’ => ‘CA’,
‘czip’ => ‘M2J3E3’,
‘s2_invoice’ => ‘1’,
‘s2_p1’ => ‘0 D’,
‘s2_p3’ => ‘1 M’,
‘s2_desc’ => ‘Bronze Member / description and pricing details here.’,
‘s2_custom’ => ‘ultimatestressreductionprogram.com’,
‘s2_customer_ip’ => ‘216.59.248.91’,
‘s2_subscr_id’ => ‘s2-50d4be6386f63’,
‘s2_referencing’ => ‘1’,
‘_s2member_sig’ => ‘1356119651-9fcf20f5ed0a363f93b281e458ad00ca’,
‘s2member_log’ =>
array (
0 => ‘Return-Data received on: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:02:30 pm UTC’,
1 => ‘s2Member POST vars verified with ClickBank®.’,
2 => ‘Sleeping for 5 seconds. Giving ClickBank® a chance to finalize processing.’,
3 => ‘Awake. It\’s Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:02:35 pm UTC. Processing will continue.’,
4 => ‘Unable to obtain API vars. The ClickBank® API may NOT have data for this order yet. Or, your ClickBank® API Keys are NOT configured properly under `s2Member -> ClickBank® Options`.’,
5 => ‘array (
\’s2member_pro_clickbank_return\’ => \’1\’,
\’s2member_pro_clickbank_return_success\’ => \’http://ultimatestressreductionprogram.com/thank-you/\’,
\’item\’ => \’3\’,
\’cbreceipt\’ => \’D5B5EJ4S\’,
\’time\’ => \’1356120070\’,
\’cbpop\’ => \’82FA409D\’,
\’cbaffi\’ => \’0\’,
\’cname\’ => \’Testcard New\’,
\’cemail\’ => \’healthsynergy2.ca@gmail.com\’,
\’ccountry\’ => \’CA\’,
\’czip\’ => \’M2J3E3\’,
\’s2_invoice\’ => \’1\’,
\’s2_p1\’ => \’0 D\’,
\’s2_p3\’ => \’1 M\’,
\’s2_desc\’ => \’Bronze Member / description and pricing details here.\’,
\’s2_custom\’ => \’ultimatestressreductionprogram.com\’,
\’s2_customer_ip\’ => \’216.59.248.91\’,
\’s2_subscr_id\’ => \’s2-50d4be6386f63\’,
\’s2_referencing\’ => \’1\’,
\’_s2member_sig\’ => \’1356119651-9fcf20f5ed0a363f93b281e458ad00ca\’,
)’,
6 => ‘Return-Data reformulated. Piping through s2Member\’s core/standard PayPal® processor with `proxy_use` ( `ty-email` ).’,
7 => ‘Please check PayPal® RTN logs for further processing details.’,
8 => ‘http://ultimatestressreductionprogram.com/?s2member_pro_clickbank_return&s2member_paypal_return=1&s2member_paypal_proxy=clickbank&s2member_paypal_proxy_use=standard-emails%2Cty-email&s2member_paypal_return_success=http%3A%2F%2Fultimatestressreductionprogram.com%2Fthank-you%2F&s2member_paypal_proxy_verification=1356120155-3c0a1f9d0873c48f71573eb77025605c’,
),
)

Click bank run log:

PHP v5.2.17 :: WordPress® v3.4.2 :: s2Member® v121213 :: s2Member® Pro v121213
Memory 31.43 MB :: Real Memory 31.75 MB :: Peak Memory 31.57 MB :: Real Peak Memory 31.75 MB
ultimatestressreductionprogram.com/?s2member_pro_clickbank_return&s2member_paypal_return=1&s2member_paypal_proxy=clickbank&s2member_paypal_proxy_use=standard-emails%2Cty-email&s2member_paypal_return_success=http%3A%2F%2Fultimatestressreductionprogram.com%2Fthank-you%2F&s2member_paypal_proxy_verification=1356120155-3c0a1f9d0873c48f71573eb77025605c
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_5) AppleWebKit/536.25 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Safari/536.25
array (
‘proxy_verified’ => ‘clickbank’,
‘s2member_log’ =>
array (
0 => ‘Return-Data received on: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:02:36 pm UTC’,
1 => ‘s2Member POST vars verified with a Proxy Key’,
2 => ‘Customer must wait for Email Confirmation `proxy_use`: ( `ty-email` ).’,
3 => ‘Redirecting Customer to a custom URL on success: http://ultimatestressreductionprogram.com/thank-you/. However, the Customer MUST wait for Email Confirmation `proxy_use`: ( `ty-email` ).’,
),
‘subscr_gateway’ => ‘clickbank’,
‘s2member_paypal_proxy’ => ‘clickbank’,
‘s2member_paypal_proxy_use’ => ‘standard-emails,ty-email’,
‘s2member_paypal_proxy_verification’ => ‘1356120155-3c0a1f9d0873c48f71573eb77025605c’,
‘s2member_paypal_return_success’ => ‘http://ultimatestressreductionprogram.com/thank-you/’,
)

I did test purchase. Same sequence of events played out. Your suggestions please. Robert

Posted: Saturday Dec 22nd, 2012 at 6:47 pm #35368
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Robert,

Can you please try running this Server Check Tool?

Your IPN log is showing the error:

4 => ‘Unable to obtain API vars. The ClickBank® API may NOT have data for this order yet. Or, your ClickBank® API Keys are NOT configured properly under `s2Member -> ClickBank® Options`.’,

Which can be caused by the following:

• The JSON library not being installed (unlikely, but possible)
  • The connection to ClickBank being refused entirely, causing a WP Error
  • The connection to ClickBank Timing Out. s2Member’s processes allow 20 seconds for the connection to take place and finish. If the connection takes longer than this, the process will fail and you will get this error.

In conjunction to running the Server Check Tool, could you please post a list of the current plugins you have installed? Do you have any plugins that filter queries / block bad queries?

Posted: Thursday Dec 27th, 2012 at 9:30 am #35540

Hello Bruce.
I am not a programer. I don’t want to be one either :) I will let you experts do that stuff. Please assume I’m just a regular user and do not have such experience. I don’t think I should have to know code to use software.

thus, How do I run that ck tool? I need some hand holding to get this done.

Info that might help; I generated the API numbers at clickbank and then copied into S2m exactly where it is recommended. I have repeated this a few times just to make sure I did it correctly. I have also doubled check other basic settings to make sure I got them right.

thanks,
Robert

Posted: Thursday Dec 27th, 2012 at 3:52 pm #35582
Bruce
Staff Member

Hi Robert,

I am not a programer. I don’t want to be one either :) I will let you experts do that stuff. Please assume I’m just a regular user and do not have such experience. I don’t think I should have to know code to use software.

thus, How do I run that ck tool? I need some hand holding to get this done.

I understand. This troubleshooting doesn’t require any knowledge of code, and if it comes to that I will let you know exactly what to do. To run the Server Check Tool, you’ll want to upload the unzipped file into your webserver via FTP and then go to the URL where it’s at. The file’s name is s2Member-check-my-server.php, so you should navigate to http://yoursite.com/s2Member-check-my-server.php

Posted: Friday Dec 28th, 2012 at 4:57 pm #35659

Hello Bruce, I ran that ck tool everything comes up with green check marks and as being ok. I have turned off all plugins other than s2m. (plugins are wp super cache, WP short code, TinyMCE advanced, Jetpack).

Something I found interesting is that I have one primary domain with hostgator and my other sites reside “under” that one. One of my other sites has s2m installed and it shows up in the directory.

the site i’m working on trying to get s2m to run on now does not show x2m in the directory??? I have checked to make sure but it is definitely installed and activated. I would attach a screen shot but it looks like I can not insert it here.

What is the next step?

Robert

Posted: Saturday Dec 29th, 2012 at 12:40 pm #35719

Hello Bruce, I decided to redo all my API numbers, and IPN number and I redid the trial purchase through clickbank. Same as previous, I get notice of purchase, but no email from S2M with log in details.

Still your your help with this software. I figure it should be easier than this to use.

Next steps?

Thanks, Robert

Posted: Sunday Dec 30th, 2012 at 2:18 am #35775
Bruce
Staff Member

the site i’m working on trying to get s2m to run on now does not show x2m in the directory??? I have checked to make sure but it is definitely installed and activated. I would attach a screen shot but it looks like I can not insert it here.

Are you running a Multisite Installation on your main site?

Also, I noticed that you didn’t post your paypal-rtn.log. Is that in your /s2member-logs/ directory?

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  Bruce. Reason: Sorry, missed it at the bottom there
Posted: Wednesday Jan 2nd, 2013 at 2:43 pm #36009

When you say multisite installation what exactly are you refering to? I did state above that I have one primary site with Hostgator. the other sites are nested under it. Does that anser your question?

I do not know how to find or post my paypal-rtn.nog. Is this necessary to get s2m to integrate with click bank?

Posted: Thursday Jan 3rd, 2013 at 4:00 am #36071

I did state above that I have one primary site with Hostgator. the other sites are nested under it.

Are they separate installations of WordPress? or did you install WP once and created all the child blogs from it? The latter is what is called multisite. http://codex.wordpress.org/Glossary#Multisite

Posted: Thursday Jan 3rd, 2013 at 8:56 am #36106

Ok now I understand. I have multiple sites all with separate WordPress installations.
What next steps should I take to get S2M to integrate?

Posted: Monday Jan 7th, 2013 at 9:18 am #36455

Hi is anyone there???

Still trying to get some gudance and help with this s2m integration with clickbank.

Posted: Monday Jan 7th, 2013 at 7:29 pm #36499

Robert, if you say you did all the tests suggested in the Common Troubleshooting Tips article, and that you reviewed all your ClickBank integration fields, then I’d need to take a look myself to see if something jumps at me.

Could you submit the login info to the WP admin, FTP and ClickBank, so I review the integration, test the purchase and review the logs? s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Monday Jan 7th, 2013 at 11:22 pm #36537

Thanks for the email, Robert.

I reviewed the integration and it was incomplete. I fixed a few things, but you need to do others I didn’t want to edit myself.

You were missing the IPN URL, so I added that. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Options -› IPN Integration[/hilite]

Your thank-you page URL was not the s2Member one, so I fixed it, including the redirection to the page you had set. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Options -› Thank-You Page Integration[/hilite]

Your order button in the pitch page is not the one required to integrate with s2Member. That button has a regular ClickBank link, and to product 3, which doesn’t exist. I didn’t fix this because I wasn’t sure if you wanted to sell product 1 or 2 (I’m guessing 1) and didn’t know if it was recurring or one-time. Please generate a shortcode for it here: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› ClickBank® Buttons -› Membership Level # Buttons[/hilite]

I also noticed that for the pitch page URL you had used www while the site doesn’t use it. You should be consistent with this to avoid problems. Knowledge Base » Don't mix www and without

After fixing those things, make sure you are logged out of your account, reload the pitch page with s2Member’s button shortcode, and do a test purchase using the test card from ClickBank, please.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Jan 8th, 2013 at 2:52 pm #36605

Hi Cristian, Thanks so very much for spending the time to help me and get things working. Truly appreciated. I have 2 pitch pages and the second one is where I was practising using the s2m order buttons. I do have a product 3 (under recurrent billing) which you probably didn’t know about. I’m sorry I didn’t give you that information

I followed your advice and suggestions and made the requested changes. I did about 7 test purchases some from different computers so see if I could get things to work. Interestingly, it did work once but I could never repeat it.

With test purchases, I still get the notices from click bank, I get a page come up “check email before clicking here”. I get the purchase confirmation email from CB. When I click on the button, I’m taken to thank you page but no log in details arrive.

I know I’m close to making it happen. I’m not sure what I should check. I need a bit more of your detective work.

Posted: Tuesday Jan 8th, 2013 at 6:48 pm #36640

Glad I could help a little.

Got it, thanks for doing those tests. What do the log entries say for the ones that didn’t seem to work fully? Look at the logs that say ClickBank in the filename, but also the ones that say PayPal, they’re relevant too. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› Account Details -› Logging[/hilite]

Could you show me the shortcode you’re using for the test purchase? What’s name of the pitch page where you used it? So I look it up and do a test purchase myself too. Thanks. :)

Posted: Wednesday Jan 9th, 2013 at 9:11 am #36749

Hello again Cristian,

I was not sure what to look for however I did find in the click bank-rtn-log…

Unable to obtain API vars. The ClickBank® API may NOT have data for this order yet. Or, your ClickBank® API Keys are NOT configured properly under `s2Member -> ClickBank® Options`

If it helps, the transaction that did seem to work I signed in as “Butter Ball” (post christmas turkey!)

The landing page or “pitch page” I used is called “Landing” I left the original odernow there and just added this code below for my tests.

short code: [s2Member-Pro-ClickBank-Button cbp="3" level="1" ccaps="" desc="Bronze Member / description and pricing details here." custom="ultimatestressreductionprogram.com" tp="0" tt="D" rp="1" rt="M" rr="1" image="default" output="anchor" /]

I know we’re close. Thanks again,

Robert

PS: In clickbank the product #3 is under “recurring”. I found this confusing at first.

Posted: Friday Jan 11th, 2013 at 9:13 am #36996

Hello Cristian,

I listed the short codes as requested. As well, I listed a a comment form the run-log. Looks like API keys are not configured properly?

Wonder what next step should be fix this issue?

Thanks,

Robert

Posted: Saturday Jan 12th, 2013 at 7:39 am #37119

Thanks for the info, Robert.

I went to your ClickBank account to review the settings, all looked okay this time. I did edit product 3 a little to remove the mobile URLs, since they were the same pages for pitch and thank-you, but you had left out the success redirection URL for the thank-you.

I generated a new test card, went to the pitch page “Landing”, made sure I wasn’t logged in to the admin account, reloaded the page, clicked the order button generated with the s2Member shortcode. Went throught the checkout, was taken to the thank-you page, checked my email and found the s2Member signup confirmation in the Spam box, clicked the access link and got to the registration form. Created the account, checked my email for the password, logged in to your site with the new account, and was shown the Login Welcome. I clicked some of the links to the modules and could load them fine.

Everything went just fine in my test. What part of it did you have a problem with in your latest test?

Posted: Saturday Jan 12th, 2013 at 9:06 pm #37197

Hi Cristian, I’m glad everything worked for you. I cleared my computer, deleted all members on the site and redid the test (on 3 machines) … the process worked each time! Ye Ha Cowboys! I’m a bit excited. This has been a while.

I’m not sure what was going on but it seems to work now so thank you very much.

I purchased S2Member and plan on using it on a few membership sites. to make my life easier, can I copy and paste some of the information i’ve used to set up this site. I would obviously change the click bank product, thank you page etc.

I ask as this has been a lot of work and frustration getting this site up and working so I want to repeat the process and make it much simpler and faster next time. And, hey I don’t want to drive you too crazy with all my question either!!!

I know everyones busy so thanks for taking the time to do the good detective work to help me get this site integrated with s2member. Greatly appreciated.

Robert Ridpath

Posted: Saturday Jan 12th, 2013 at 11:25 pm #37203

I’m glad it’s all working now. :)

You can use the Options Export/Import tool, but you’d also get much faster after each time you do it manually. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› s2Member® Options[/hilite]

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.