latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Stop automatic registration – manual approval

Home Forums Community Forum Stop automatic registration – manual approval

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jun 3rd, 2013 at 8:26 pm #51250

Hello,
I’m very new to this plugin- but I’ve explored the free version (and liked it a lot) so I reached out on twitter to see if this was possible before I made the purchase, and was told that it was through WordPress filter in functions.php:)

So here goes..

I need to make my registration be manual approval

I’ve created my form, and it works wonderfully! BUT I would like to make it have ‘manual registration’ IE – instead of sending the registering user the username and password, I would like for it to email Admin and let them know that this user has registered, so that they could check their credentials, and then if approved by them, they could send an activation email.

Now to make this situation (for me) even stickier, is my deadline got suddenly moved by almost a week and this is due to be fully functioning by the 5th! Which is making me really nervous.

Please help :)

Where do I begin?

Many thanks in advance.

Nina

• This topic was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by  Eduan. Reason: Moved to customers' forums

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jun 3rd, 2013 at 11:35 pm #51262

Please someone help :)

I have thought about it and this is what I need to do exactly (unless there is a better solution)

I need to disable the email with username and password.
Instead send them to a page saying that their application is pending approval.
Meanwhile, send the admin an email notifying them of this ‘application’
Then if the admin approves them, they could upgrade their level to 1.
And finally send username and password email to the user or the rejection email.

Any suggestions?

Please help. I’m very time sensitive.

Nina

Posted: Wednesday Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:13 pm #51444

Please take a look at this article I wrote on account review/approval and how you could do something similar using s2Member. Knowledge Base » Free user review/approval process

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.