latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Stop concurrent logins isntead of IP bans?

Home Forums Community Forum Stop concurrent logins isntead of IP bans?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Sep 6th, 2012 at 4:55 pm #24390

I have been testing s2member for about a month now and have run into the ip ban limit myself… this isn’t good. I like the idea of stopping share abuse but with the current state of mobile computing between smarthphones, tablets, and wifi access all over the place, 5, 10, or even 20 different legitimate ip logins seem easily achievable. That said, people with typically static connections could still easily share their information with a handful of other static users and never reach the ip limit.

So, how do we solve this issue? Why not stop concurrent logins and simply force one login to log another session out? Is this available in the pro version? Are there plans to add it?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Oct 6th, 2012 at 12:57 am #27626

Is this feature an option in the pro version? Any plans to add it in the future?

We have been running this plugin for 60 days with 30 members and our 20 ip limit has been hit by 3 different users already. Each one complained about not being able to access from their iPhone. As I suspected, people are connecting via wi-fi spots all over the place and hitting the limit easily.

Posted: Saturday Oct 6th, 2012 at 11:20 am #27659
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Charles,

I’m not sure if this is planned for the future, but it isn’t currently possible. :/

You might be able to implement this yourself though, but it will require some knowledge of PHP.

– Eduan

Posted: Saturday Oct 6th, 2012 at 5:20 pm #27674

Do you guys have a place to enter feature requests?

I love the plugin but I think the ip ban is an outdated solution to a definite real problem.

Posted: Sunday Oct 7th, 2012 at 12:21 pm #27725
Eduan

If you’re a paid member, then in the customer support forums, if not, then in the pre-sale questions so that the support reps can notice it.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Sunday Oct 7th, 2012 at 6:44 pm #27756

Any chance you can just move this thread so I don’t create a duplicate post?

Posted: Sunday Oct 7th, 2012 at 7:47 pm #27758
Eduan

I was about to when I noticed your other post. :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.