latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Stop users from re-using Free Trial Periods.

Home Forums Community Forum Stop users from re-using Free Trial Periods.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Feb 21st, 2013 at 2:13 pm #42748

Can you please clarify for me, we are using Authnet for membership purchases.
If we opt to offer a period of time for free before the initial charge (3 weeks free then $49 a year)

When does that charge occur?
How do we stop users from using multiple rounds of free time?

-grace

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Feb 22nd, 2013 at 9:10 am #42809

Hi Grace.

The charge would happen after the trial term.

What you could do is only offer it to registered Level 0 users. Then, before showing the upgrade option with the free trial, check that they haven’t already had a higher level before. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› PHP/API Constants -> S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_PAID_REGISTRATION_DAYS[/hilite]

[hilite pre_code]
0) { ?>
Offer trial

No trial

[/hilite]

You’ll need a PHP execution plugin like ezPHP. Knowledge Base » ezPHP Plugin for WordPress®

This doesn’t stop someone from creating a new account each time, though, but it does make it a bit more complicated to abuse the trial. I don’t know a way to fully prevent someone from using the trials over and over…

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.