latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Stream audio and video not working with

Home Forums Community Forum Stream audio and video not working with

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 4 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Aug 14th, 2013 at 9:33 pm #55807

Hi,
Im looking to buy the Pro version since I need the clickbank addon
but im testing the free version to adapt to my theme

My theme has built in an audio and video gallery so they all play on 1 box, click the link of the video and it plays in the same box, so I like that.

But cant use the shortcodes where it asks me the video url, neither the long link to protect it since it has code after the .mp4 extention.

So Im concerned about people downloading the files, I know s2member protects it if it is on the folder, but
its not way to assign it to a level or membership so any level could download it

Is it a way to add a custom capability to the downloads folder like with .htaccess?

for example /s2member-files/cc1/
that folder be assigned a protecting CC?

So all files inside would only be viewed and downloaded by people with that CC

Thanks for your help
Victor

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Aug 15th, 2013 at 11:33 pm #55977
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

But cant use the shortcodes where it asks me the video url, neither the long link to protect it since it has code after the .mp4 extention.

Try using s2Member’s Mod-Rewrite style links. They look like a direct link, so you won’t have this problem:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Advanced Mod-Rewrite Linkage

for example /s2member-files/cc1/
that folder be assigned a protecting CC?

There’s a specific way of accomplish this, documented in this part of the Dashboard:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Custom Capability and Member Level Files

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.