latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Struggle with Buddypress Registration Fields

Home Forums Community Forum Struggle with Buddypress Registration Fields

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jul 28th, 2013 at 1:13 pm #54300

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 30th, 2013 at 9:27 pm #54426
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

Sorry for the delay.

1. I’m having trouble not being redirected to the /registration page that buddypress has it’s template form.

What do you mean by this? The only time you should be redirected to this page is if you try to access /wp-login.php?action=register. This is something that BuddyPress does, not s2Member. Is that not working?

2. I removed all the buddypress profile fields, and I’m trying to set them up through S2 member but I’m being unsucessful and don’t fully understand how they work

Which part of the fields do you not understand? Could you expand on this please? Thanks!

Posted: Tuesday Jul 30th, 2013 at 9:39 pm #54429

Thanks for the reply.

Basically the buddypress theme i’m using has added it’s own register and login pages… under the buddypress /register and /login pages it sets up. These look great however obviously don’t work with S2 member.

So I’ve bought the S2 pro to use the paypal pro forms, which I’m still struggling getting to work. I’m getting error codes back.

So although the above problem, I’m kind of understanding more (the redirect wasn’t a redirect as such, it was just taking me through to the buddypress login pages, not the wp login page) I’m still struggling getting it neat.

Do you have documentation on how s2 works alongside buddypress? I’m confused with profile fields that can be set up.

Posted: Wednesday Jul 31st, 2013 at 1:36 am #54456
Bruce
Staff Member

Basically the buddypress theme i’m using has added it’s own register and login pages… under the buddypress /register and /login pages it sets up. These look great however obviously don’t work with S2 member.

I see. You may be able to get these to work if you can get your theme’s developer to use the BuddyPress custom fields, or have them integrated. s2Member specifically hooks into BuddyPress’s processes in this file to accomplish the integration:

/s2member/includes/classes/custom-reg-fields-4bp.inc.php

Based on what’s in the file, if you made use of the bp_after_signup_profile_fields action hook in your theme’s template for these registration pages, s2Member should be able to put the Custom Registration Fields here, too.

You may also need to make use of the bp_signup_usermeta filter name as well for saving these custom fields if your theme does not already.

Do you have documentation on how s2 works alongside buddypress? I’m confused with profile fields that can be set up.

The only ways that s2Member integrates with BuddyPress are with the Custom Registration Fields with the hooks in BuddyPress that I mentioned above. The redirection that’s done is done by BuddyPress, and s2Member is simply ready for it to happen and makes room for that to happen. We don’t have any formal docs for this, no. Sorry about that.

Posted: Wednesday Jul 31st, 2013 at 1:39 am #54457
Bruce
Staff Member

I want to mention that it sounds like your theme’s developer just skipped the step that allows developers to customize the custom fields easily when they set up this part of the theme. I would say that if you contacted them they would probably add this in, as it is something that’s relied on by several plugins that hook into the BuddyPress registration system.

As for the redirect from the standard BuddyPress registration page to the theme’s custom one, you’ll need to ask the BuddyPress forums about that.

See: http://buddypress.org/support/

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.