latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Styling BuddyPress integrated profiles

Home Forums Community Forum Styling BuddyPress integrated profiles

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday May 17th, 2012 at 2:41 pm #13786

Hi

I am using s2Member (Pro) registration/profile fields integrated with BuddyPress. The data is appearing on the profile page but it is totally unstyled and inline eg:

Field Label 1 field data 1 Field Label 2 field data 2

Looking at the source code it is laid out in tables (with some very long class names!) eg:

<tr class="ws-plugin--s2member-profile-field-4bp ws-plugin--s2member-profile-4bp-field1 field_field1">
	<td class="ws-plugin--s2member-profile-field-4bp ws-plugin--s2member-profile-4bp-field1 field_field1 label">
		<span>Field Label 1</span>
	</td>
	<td class="ws-plugin--s2member-profile-field-4bp ws-plugin--s2member-profile-4bp-field1 field_field1 data">field data 1</td>
</tr>

But I cannot seem to style these tables with css eg:

td.field_field1 {
	font-weight: bold;
}

I am able to style the section title (which is in a div) which tells me the stylesheet in my theme is being applied to the page.

The problem is that, when I inspect the code with Firebug, the tables are not really there (I thought I knew a bit about php and css but I clearly know nothing about javascript!). The only formatting is:

<span>Field Label 1</span>field data 1<span>Field Label 2</span>field data 2

To cut a long story short, how do you style BuddyPress integrated profiles?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday May 18th, 2012 at 7:36 am #13870

Hi Richard.

I’ll ask Jason about this, but could you post a link to your profile page to inspect it with Firebug a bit?

Thanks!

Posted: Friday May 18th, 2012 at 1:41 pm #13890

Cristián

Thank you, I think this is my bad, I am afraid to say.

I had adapted the default BuddyPress profile loop to use divs with individual class names based on the field name, rather than table cells without, so that I could change the layout.

When I started using s2Member fields instead I had the problem described above. I have replaced my profile-loop.php with the default one and I am now getting a stylable table based layout both in source view and Firebug.

I suppose if I now want to convert the s2Member table layout to divs I need to edit custom-reg-fields-4bp.inc.php?

Posted: Friday May 18th, 2012 at 7:58 pm #13930

Ah, thanks for the update. Glad you found the problem. :)

That seems a correct supposition. Future updates of s2Member would overwrite your customized file, though, so I suggest that you try making a copy of it and place it in the [hilite mono]/wp-content/mu-plugins/[/hilite] directory and edit that file instead. Haven’t tried it myself, but I think it may work.

I hope that helps.

Posted: Sunday May 20th, 2012 at 7:08 am #14014

Thank you for the suggestion but sadly edits to a

/wp-content/mu-plugins/custom-reg-fields-4bp.inc.php

file don’t seem to have any effect.

Posted: Monday May 21st, 2012 at 9:46 pm #14127

When I search the s2Member files for “ws-plugin–s2member-profile-field-4bp”, which I took from the code that s2Member puts in the BuddyPress profile for the custom fields, that’s the only file that comes up.

Do you have a caching plugin? Maybe you’re not seeing the updated page because of that.

Posted: Tuesday May 22nd, 2012 at 7:45 am #14174

My bad again!

I had my mu-plugins directory inside wp-content/plugins/ rather than inside wp-content/. Changes to mu-plugins/custom-reg-fields-4bp.inc.php work fine now of course.

I really want to ask another question in another topic but I have already wasted too much of your time and patience…

Posted: Wednesday May 23rd, 2012 at 1:33 am #14273

Oh, I’m glad you sorted it out. Thanks for the udpate!

No problem, start the threads you need, we’ll help what we can. :)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.