latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

subdomain sites and paypal

Home Forums Community Forum subdomain sites and paypal

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Apr 28th, 2013 at 6:19 pm #48633
jt22
Username: yoda22

I have my site (example.com) running s2member with recurring billing beautifully! Now we are expanding our services across many cities and will soon have chicago.example.com, austin.example.com and so on.

I am not doing the multi-site wordpress thing. Each sub-domain has its own place on the server with its own install of s2member. My question is regarding the Paypal connections on each site (PayPal is terrible at customer service BTW).

Can I have one single PayPal account that each sub-domain connects to and processes my payments? I’m wondering if it would be an issue because each s2member install requires giving a unique IPN and PDT URL to paypal and obviously one account of Paypal will only accept one set of credentials. And, if possible would there any drawbacks (non-bookkeeping) to such a setup?

Or do I have to create a PayPal account each time we start a new domain (PayPal is terrible at customer service BTW)?

Thanks,
Joe

I see similar threads but maybe not the same situation of what I need.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Apr 30th, 2013 at 1:55 am #48765
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Can I have one single PayPal account that each sub-domain connects to and processes my payments? I’m wondering if it would be an issue because each s2member install requires giving a unique IPN and PDT URL to paypal and obviously one account of Paypal will only accept one set of credentials. And, if possible would there any drawbacks (non-bookkeeping) to such a setup?

s2Member’s fully prepared for this. You can find out the information you need here:

Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Options -› PayPal® IPN Integration -› More Information

From the docs:

*Quick Tip* In addition to the default IPN settings inside your PayPal® account, the IPN URL is also set on a per-transaction basis by the special PayPal® Button Code that s2Member provides you with. In other words, if you have multiple sites operating on one PayPal® account, that’s OK. s2Member dynamically sets the IPN URL for each transaction. The result is that the IPN URL configured from within your PayPal® account, becomes the default, which is then overwritten on a per-transaction basis. In fact, PayPal® recently updated their system to support IPN URL preservation. One PayPal® account can handle multiple sites, all using different IPN URLs.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.