latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Submit button advice

Home Forums Community Forum Submit button advice

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Suhaib Siddiqi 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jan 14th, 2013 at 12:25 pm #37474

I have site with s2Members. It had been working great. I added one page where users can submit pictures. This is separate of other memberships. I was to configure the Submit button so when user click on the Submit button, he is taken to s2Members payment, register for WordPress. However, this should not allow members to use any other feature of the site already protected by s2Members. Here is the link which I want to protect http://www.shaadiconnections.com/hotornot-2/

Suggestion to best way do it?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jan 14th, 2013 at 1:16 pm #37486
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry. ~ We appreciate your patience :-)

Is this going to be a ONE-time charge, or will it be a recurring charge? Once I know that I will provide you with full instructions on how best to accomplish this. Please advise. Thanks!

Posted: Monday Jan 14th, 2013 at 1:20 pm #37488

One time charge.

Posted: Monday Jan 14th, 2013 at 1:29 pm #37495
Staff Member

Thanks for your reply :-)

In that case, s2Member’s “Specific Post/Page Access” would be a perfect fit for this.

Please take a look at these sections of your Dashboard.
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Specific Post/Page Access Restrictions
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Specific Post/Page (Buy Now) Buttons

See also, this video tutorial please:
Video » s2Member (Specific Posts/Pages)

Posted: Monday Jan 14th, 2013 at 1:49 pm #37499

That would protect the whole page? I want visitors to see the Page without registering, but when they click on “Create Competitor” button to submit an image, they are taken to the payment page and after payment is made return to the site.

Posted: Monday Jan 14th, 2013 at 2:16 pm #37504
Staff Member

Thanks for the follow-up :-)

Well in that case, the Post/Page you’re protecting is actually the “Create Competitor” page. So if you protect that with s2Member’s Specific Post/Page Restrictions, upon clicking a link that leads to that page, a visitor would be taken to your Membership Options Page, as configured for s2Member; where they checkout and gain access.

Please see: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Membership Options Page
See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Specific Post/Page Access Restrictions

Posted: Monday Jan 14th, 2013 at 2:27 pm #37507

Well, those are blocking whole page from visitors to see, I wanted them to take to membership payment page when they click “Create Competitor” button after uploading the image and filling in the form field.
Following is the code in their php file, which is triggered after pressing create competitor button.

$ret .= '    <p class="wp-user-submit-submit"><input type="submit" value="'. __("Create Competitor", "showdownusersubmit").'" /> </p>';
Posted: Monday Jan 14th, 2013 at 2:40 pm #37512
Staff Member

I’m not sure I understand completely, so feel free to elaborate until I do :-)

You could integrate s2Member’s Conditionals there, that might help you here. Allowing you to protect certain components of a Post or Page, or whatever. However, Conditionals do NOT work with s2Member’s “Specific Post/Page Access”, only with Membership Level Access; so you might want to consider what’s most important for you in that respect.

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals
See also: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced PHP Conditionals

Posted: Monday Jan 14th, 2013 at 2:57 pm #37517

Sorry, I am not being clear. Let me try again. The http://www.shaadiconnections.com/hotornot-2/ is a page which has form and a field to upload image, then a button “Create Competitor” When a user click on “Create Competitor”, the image is uploaded. I want the page to be visible to all the visitors, but when the click that is onclick or onsubmit the “Create Competitor” button after uploading the image, it should take them to a payment page. It look like a way to needed to protect an onclick or onsubmit button, not the entire page.

Posted: Monday Jan 14th, 2013 at 3:41 pm #37522
Staff Member

I understand, thank you. As I mentioned before, s2Member’s Conditionals can help you with this. What you need is a “condition” whereby this button you’re speaking of, reacts one way to public visitors, and another way for existing customers that have already paid you. So I believe your solution is to use s2Member’s Advanced PHP Conditionals, integrating those with the button you mentioned, and force that button to redirect to a page of your choosing when it’s being clicked by someone who is NOT yet a paid customer.

s2Member does not protect JavaScript events, not with any point-and-click functionality in the Dashboard. Conditionals can certainly be used for this however. This is something you may need assistance from a developer with.

I suggest that you explore this area of your Dashboard please.
Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting

Posted: Monday Jan 14th, 2013 at 4:05 pm #37525

Jason,

Thanks. I believe, I may have found a simpler solution. Only registered users can fill the form, but the uploaded images are visible to visitors. Registration page take them to payment page. I moved the existing features protected by s2Members to level2, and this new one to level one. On the development, concept seems to work.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.