latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Subscriber Cancellation Form

Home Forums Community Forum Subscriber Cancellation Form

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Brian 4 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Feb 9th, 2012 at 7:27 pm #4694
Brian
Username: bhgcreative

I am currently using wordpress and s2member for a member services website. I have had my first cancel request so I setup a Paypal Pro Cancellation form. When I have the client navigate to the cancellation page at the top of the form it says “Please log in at PayPal to cancel your subscription.”

Below that is my form with the statement – “This will cancel your account. Are you sure?”

When I click the submit button nothing happens the message at the top remains.

Since I am using Paypal Pro forms and have users signing up without having to be sent to paypal shouldn’t the form just allow the current user to cancel? Why am I getting a message that requires a paypal login….which most customers won’t have unless they are using paypal.

Thanks for your help in this matter. I would like to be able to just have members click cancel rather than having to signin to paypal. Is there a setting I might be missing? Everything else is working great.

Brian
BHG Creative

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Feb 9th, 2012 at 9:13 pm #4707
Staff Member

Hi Brian. This message should only appear for a customer who originally paid you through a PayPal Button. In that particular case, there’s no way for s2Member to cancel them dynamically through the PayPal API (i.e. they MUST log into their PayPal account to cancel their “Standard Subscription”).

In all other cases, the Pro Form for cancellations should work as you describe. Have you tried testing this on an account that originally signed up through your Pro Form? Anything recurring that goes through a Pro Form is considered a “Recurring Profile”, and those can be cancelled easily by s2Member’s Pro Form for cancellations.

Posted: Friday Feb 10th, 2012 at 12:43 pm #4747
Brian
Username: bhgcreative

That makes sense. I had actually transferred those numbers from when users registered using the pie register plugin. I shall manually cancel those people from PayPal.

Thanks for checking into that for me and talk to you later.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.