latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Subscriber registration after paypal complete

Home Forums Community Forum Subscriber registration after paypal complete

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jun 1st, 2012 at 6:05 am #15145
Nick
Username: cleeveracing

Hi,

Need some rapid help please!

I want to send subscribers from paypal (after completing trans) to sign up in S2 as an S3 member with a custom capability set. I have auto return setup in Paypal/s2 paypal options.

Once they have completed their profile IO want to send them to a welcome page

I have been trawling through the forums/KB but cannot see how to do this

1) How do I create the registration form and get the return page URL to enter into my paypal profile
2) where do I enter the redirect URL to the welcome page….

Many thanks
Nick

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jun 1st, 2012 at 11:42 am #15174

Hi Nick,

I just implemented the same structure. Here is what I did.

1. First, go to 2member->PayPal Buttons.
    Select the level you want there and fill in the details for the payment.
    Copy past the generated code on a new page. Save that Page!
  2. Then, you go to s2member->PayPal pro Forms.
    Select the level according to the payment button you created in the previous step.
    Fill in the details for the subscription page.
    Copy paste the generated code on a new page.
    You might want to consider to remove the custom attribute from the generated code.
    Safe that page and remember the name
  3. Go back to the first page.
    On that page you now add the success=”” attribute. Fill in the URL of the page you want the users to fill in their data. Mind you, DO THAT IN THE HTML EDITOR.
    I found that if you type in that url in the visual editor WordPress plays a trick with you that you do not want. (see my Q in the “is this correct?” thread on this site.
  4. Maybe you want the user to go to a new page AFTER registration, I did that.
    For that purpose use the success=”” attribute in the second page as well so they will redirected to a new page, that you create, after a successful registration (welcome page, please log in, other things worth knowing etc)
  5. Hope this helps.

Posted: Saturday Jun 2nd, 2012 at 12:12 am #15232

Hi Nick.

Since you’re selling a subscription, you can use the pro-form integrated with PayPal’s Express Checkout, to have him register the new account and be taken to PayPal for payment. Pre Sale FAQs » To use s2Member® Pro Forms, will I have to use PayPal® Pro?

You can add to the pro-form the custom capabilities the user should get, too. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes -> ccaps[/hilite]

Like Boudewijn said, you can use the success attribute to specify where the user will come back to after checkout. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Custom Return URLs Upon Success[/hilite]

But don’t remove the custom attribute, s2Member requires it. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Shortcode Attributes -> custom[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Monday Jun 4th, 2012 at 8:48 am #15364
Nick
Username: cleeveracing

Thanks for the feedback guys….

The problem I am having is that I am working with afffilaites whose leads are tracked by a cookie on another domain, so the client must go to paypal and pay BEFORE going to S2 to track the sale.

So I need the client to be redirected from Paypal to the S2 registration page/set up their profile/sent to a welcome page

so I need to know…

1) what is the url I need to put in paypal to send them to register
2) where do I put the url for the welcome page once they have registered

getting desperate here!!

thanks
Nick

Posted: Tuesday Jun 5th, 2012 at 5:08 am #15434

As I explained in step 1 and 3 of my previous reply you can create a page with a paypal button on it.
Create an empty page first, then go to s2member->PayPal Buttons and create the button you need.

In the shortcode you can put the Success=”” attribute where you put the redirection URL AFTER the payment at Paypal is succesful. Put that shortcode on the page you just created.

What I understand now is that this URL should contain a parameter being the tracking code for your affiliates.
Am I correct about that assumption?

I think this is interesting for more people (at least I see some useage for that in my situation!) so maybe the support reps (Christian, Raam and Jason) could elaborate on that. FYI, I don’t see yet how a variable parameter, being your tracking code. can be added to this URL, hence my request to support.

As to the redirect to the page AFTER the profile page that works exactly the same, You create the profile page using s2member, in the shortcode you add the success=”” again where the URL is then your welcome page.

Posted: Tuesday Jun 5th, 2012 at 5:14 am #15437

Nick, you can use the success attribute to take the person there after the checkout. if you use the [hilite code]success="http://yoursite.com/wp-login.php?action=register"[/hilite] for example, he’d be taken to the registration page after payment.

After the registration, the person would have to login, and then he’d be show the Login Welcome page you set in s2Member: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Login Welcome Page[/hilite]

I hope that simpler to understand. :)

Posted: Wednesday Jun 6th, 2012 at 4:46 am #15669

Cristián,

Is there any way a variable value can be added to the URL? I understand that this is what Nick wants.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 6th, 2012 at 11:44 pm #15752

Sure, you can add a variable to the URL, either in the querystring with a fixed value, or modify it dynamically with PHP. Please see: http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1604

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.