latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

subscribers and buy now

Home Forums Community Forum subscribers and buy now

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 2 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Oct 9th, 2012 at 6:41 pm #27935
big tone
Username: bigtone

I have watched your specific post videos.

I want to sell monthly newsletters. I want to have different subscriptions levels which I know s2member can do. But I would also like non members to be able to view teaser content and then have the ability to purchase that single article without having to become a member. That article would be a monthly produced article that my members already have access to. but if someone just wants one article or a bundle of articles without registering to become a member is that possible?

So in other words, I want to sell content to subscribers but also sell that same content individually (per post/page) to non members using a buy now similar to your specific posts video shows, only difference is that it would be content that is already available to members, is this possible?

I understand from the video that there is a conflict if the specific posts are also protected by membership.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Oct 10th, 2012 at 7:53 am #27980

I understand from the video that there is a conflict if the specific posts are also protected by membership.

Right, the Level and Specific restrictions aren’t compatible yet. It’d be one or the other. If you need to sell them both ways, I guess you’ll have to duplicate the posts/pages.

To show part of a post, you can either use conditionals in the content instead of protecting the page/post. This wouldn’t work with Specific Post/Page restrictions, though. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals[/hilite]

You can also use WP’s “more” tag, so what’s before it can be shown in the archives or home page, but trying to open the post itself would redirect to the Membership Options page.
http://en.support.wordpress.com/splitting-content/more-tag/
[hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Alternative View Protection[/hilite]

I hope it helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Oct 10th, 2012 at 4:43 pm #28022
big tone

I see how to use the more tag but how do you tell s2member to protect only the content located after the more tag? I looked at alternative view protection but it only has check boxes for protecting searches etc…

Posted: Wednesday Oct 10th, 2012 at 5:31 pm #28023
big tone

nevermind, I found out I had to remove all the but the top check mark in the alternative view section, add the more tag and protect the post.

Posted: Thursday Oct 11th, 2012 at 7:55 am #28111

Cool. :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.