latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Subscribers confirming their email

Home Forums Community Forum Unofficial Extensions/Hacks Subscribers confirming their email

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice. Last updated by  Mq 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jul 18th, 2013 at 6:05 pm #53666
Mq
Username: mqss

Hi all,

I am hosting my sites on Hostgator and finished installing S2Member plugin, which works great. I offer free subscriber memberships and premium paid memberships. Now, sending emails out is essential to my business and by the law and policy, users need to double opt-in to be able to receive my emails.

Double opt-in my my investigation means users need to explicitly check the button upon registration, that they agree with receiving emails from me (I have successfully implement this into a registration form), than they need to confirm their membership by activating it through link they got through email. Now I read old posts that S2Member doesn’t support that, was this not solved yet? Is there any hack for this? I would be more than willing to pay for it.

Probably I could tell in email to every registered member, that he needs to change his default password in 24 hours to confirm his membership otherwise his account will be deleted… But that would take me much time to check the logs and everything.

Other than that, it’s a great plugin, this subscribers activation through Email is the only thing that’s missing for me.

Best regards,

M

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Sunday Jul 21st, 2013 at 12:34 pm #53786
Mq
Username: mqss

So I installed Register Plus Redux plugin along with S2Member and when I acticated Register Plus Redux, I only checked “force users to confirm their email” and I left other settings blank.

I tested it and so far it works as it should. Users registers his free account, whole S2Member registration form stays the same as it is, but instead of welcome message from S2Member, there is a message from Register Plus Redux saying: Confirm your email. Works like a charm, will post an update if I get into any trouble with it.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.