latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Subscription services & recurring payment

Home Forums Community Forum Subscription services & recurring payment

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Nov 22nd, 2012 at 5:31 am #32319

Hi,

First of all, great plugin.

I am using pro forms to offer anual subscription services. I have created custom capabilities associated to different types of subscriptions and everything works.

Just one doubt: when a subscriber completes succesfully the register&payment process and he/she pays via credit card, is he/she going to pay automatically at the end of the subscription (1 year in my case). I have read that it works like that if the subscriber pays via Paypal but I don’t know if it happens also in payments via credit cards.

Thank you,

Alejandro.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Nov 23rd, 2012 at 6:30 am #32391

Hi Alejandro.

You mention “custom capabilities associated to different types of subscriptions”, but s2Member currently only supports one single subscription per user at a time. Do these ccaps exclude the others or do you expect to sell multiple concurrent subscriptions to the same user?

Subscriptions do charge the recurring payments automatically. If you sell with buy-now transactions, then the user needs to manually make the new payments.

Could you please show us the shortcodes you’re using to understand exactly what you’re selling? Thanks!

Posted: Tuesday Nov 27th, 2012 at 2:33 am #32663

Hi,

I want to know that How can I update my subscription package at the end of subscription period.

And also How can customer cancel current subscription package OR unsubscribe at end of subscription period.

Posted: Tuesday Nov 27th, 2012 at 2:42 am #32665

Hi Cristian,

You said:

but s2Member currently only supports one single subscription per user at a time. Do these ccaps exclude the others or do you expect to sell multiple concurrent subscriptions to the same user?

Can you please elaborate on this a bit? Let’s say I have 2 pages A and B, that I want to sell separately, and I define a “buy now” for each, and each of these pages has its own ccap. Can a user purchase access to page A and then also to page B? In other words, does s2Member treat custom capabilities as “additive” from the perspective of the user? (i.e. if I bought access to page A, and then when ahead and bought access to page B, will I have access to BOTH A and B?)

TIA

Posted: Tuesday Nov 27th, 2012 at 7:53 am #32692

What you can’t do is sell multiple Subscriptions (recurring payments), Buy Now transactions are fine. You can add all the ccaps you want to the same user using the Independent Capabilities buttons/pro-forms. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Capability (Buy Now) Buttons[/hilite]

If the user has a subscription and ends it, the demotion on EOT will remove the ccaps, though, unless you hack it a bit. http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/dripped-content/#post-29605

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.