latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Subscription Setup

Home Forums Community Forum Subscription Setup

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Mar 17th, 2012 at 6:03 pm #8470
J.K.
Username: jkottler

I am helping a friend get her subscription site working after a bad experience with a different membership plugin. After an evaluation of your free product, we think S2 Member Pro is the way to go. However, I have one important question that I’m having trouble answering:

How do you set up recurring subscriptions of varying lengths?

My friend has only 1 subscription level, and offers 1 month, 3 month, and 6 month access purchases at different prices. I can see how to set up different membership levels for different levels of access, but not how to create different membership levels to represent different subscription durations.

Can you provide any guidance on how we could set this up?

Thank you very much!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Mar 17th, 2012 at 7:37 pm #8473
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello there, thanks for your inquiry.

Have you taken a look at custom capabilities (a.k.a. CCaps)?

You can find them under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Custom Capabilities.

We also have a video on CCaps:
Video » s2Member (Custom Capabilities).

Would CCaps work for you?

Posted: Sunday Mar 18th, 2012 at 12:33 pm #8490
J.K.

CCaps are cool, but I think they’re overkill for this instance!

All I want is 3 buttons to subscribe:

• 1 Month
  • 3 Months
  • 6 Months

Each of those buttons sets the EOT for an appropriate interval and charges the user the appropriate amount.

Is that clearer? And is that still a CCaps application? Other people on these forums seem to intimate that they can have subscriptions of varying times…I’m just trying to figure out how they’re doing it!

Thanks again.

Posted: Sunday Mar 18th, 2012 at 12:46 pm #8492
Eduan

Thanks for the follow-up.

I’m sorry, it seems I misunderstood the original question. Very sorry.

In that case, what you should do is simply create different buttons under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons, in there you will find different button generator for different levels. You simply generate a button for the level that you want, and generate different buttons for the same level, depending on the duration of the subscription.

For more info on PayPal buttons please check this video:
Video » s2Member (PayPal® Options/Buttons)

It is now a little outdated, but it still works the same.

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Sunday Mar 18th, 2012 at 1:56 pm #8493
J.K.

Thanks so much, that is EXACTLY what I am trying to do. Do most of the other payment gateways offer the same sort of options? And while we’re on that topic – are there any gateways besides PayPal that can be used by a site without SSL?

Also – I can’t tell you how much the rapid replies (on a Sunday!) bolster my confidence in recommending S2 Member to a friend!

Posted: Sunday Mar 18th, 2012 at 2:46 pm #8495
Eduan

Thanks for the follow-up.

Thanks so much, that is EXACTLY what I am trying to do.

Excellent!

Do most of the other payment gateways offer the same sort of options?

Yes, most of the other payment gateways available with the pro version offer the same kind of options.

And while we’re on that topic – are there any gateways besides PayPal that can be used by a site without SSL?

I’m not very sure what you mean… If you mean that there’s any gateway(s) that don’t require SSL to function correctly, I believe the ones that come with s2Member pro don’t require this. Though I’m not so sure so I’ll ask our lead developer Jason, and see what he has to answer…

Also – I can’t tell you how much the rapid replies (on a Sunday!) bolster my confidence in recommending S2 Member to a friend!

Thanks for the Kudos!

Posted: Monday Mar 19th, 2012 at 11:50 pm #8568
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry.

are there any gateways besides PayPal that can be used by a site without SSL?

The following partial list of payment gateways supported by s2Member Pro,
includes only those which support “Button” integration, where no SSL certificate is required.

– PayPal Website Payment Standard (supports “Button” integration)
– ClickBank (supports “Button” integration)
– Google Checkout (supports “Button” integration)
– ccBill (supports “Button” integration)
– AliPay (supports “Button” integration)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.