latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Subscriptions are not being cancelled

Home Forums Community Forum Subscriptions are not being cancelled

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice. Last updated by  Rob Reid 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Oct 10th, 2012 at 2:25 am #27942
Rob Reid
Username: RobReid

Hello

I am using the WordPress plugin which has been working fine but today I recieved an emai from Paypal for a member who signed up first for a monthly subscription on the 4th October saying:

“Payment Skipped”

We cannot process the following recurring payment. We will try again in five days.
Date Due: 9 Oct 2012
Next Payment Date: 14 Oct 2012
Profile Status: Active

I have gone into the wordpress site and manually removed this members access and suspended his subscription profile in PayPal however I have some questions.

1. Why there is no transaction ID against any of these recurring payments? It makes it hard to look for IPN notifications as they require a transaction ID to narrow it down.

2. This member signed up first for a monthly subscription on the 4th October. The email from Paypal says they last tried taking a payment on the 9th and will retry on the 14th. In this members profile it says “suspend after 1 failure” why was this profile not suspended after the failure on the 9th? IPN messages ARE being received by my site as I can see 200 status codes.

3. How can I narrow the days in between retries so that if a payment is skipped the membership is also stopped on my website? This seems like an easy way for people to get free access to my site – make one payment then ensure no money is in their PayPal account and it just carries on forever trying to take money that doesn’t exist and they get access to my site.

I would like the system/plugin to cancel/suspend a profile AND access to the website after 1 failure and only re-start their access once payment has been made. I made a system that did this in ASP classic years ago for another site so I know it can be done by checking the payment status of the IPN message and activating/de-activating the account unless it says “PAID”.

What can I do to remedy this?

I also cannot get my site to show the “S2 Secure badge” still even though I have done everything it says to and checked the Apache log files to make sure 200 status codes are being returned.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rob

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.