latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

success attribute not working

Home Forums Community Forum success attribute not working

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Dec 13th, 2012 at 8:38 am #34464
Marko
Username: mtomic

Hi guys,

You’ve probably heard this many times, but my “success” attribute in PP pro form is not working. It’s really frustrating because it works in my other WordPress installations, but not in this one. I’m using the latest version of s2member v121204.

I tried using both relative and full url like

success="/thank-you"

and

success="http://www.../thank-you"

neither of them work.

PayPal redirects back to the pro form page and I get the default s2member thank you message.

I’ve had loads of other w3tc issues, but I managed to resolve them by searching through solutions in this form, which was nice. This is the last one that is preventing me from doing my tracking correctly.

Here is my Pro form code:

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form level="1" ccaps="" desc="$59.00 AUD  ( for lifetime access)" ps="paypal" lc="" cc="AUD" dg="0" ns="1" custom="www.mydomain.com" ta="0" tp="0" tt="D" ra="59.00" rp="1" rt="L" rr="BN" rrt="" rra="2" accept="paypal" accept_via_paypal="paypal" coupon="" accept_coupons="0" default_country_code="" captcha="0" success="http://www.mydomain.com/thank-you/" /]

What could possibly be wrong?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Dec 14th, 2012 at 7:22 am #34643

Hi Marko.

If you’re using W3TC, make sure you have object and database caching disabled, since they are known to cause trouble.

Other things to try… Here’s an article with a few: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Let us know how it goes! I hope you find what’s causing it.

Posted: Monday Dec 17th, 2012 at 7:07 am #34828
Marko

I figured it out.

It wasn’t a plugin conflict, it wasn’t a theme conflict, it wasn’t mu-plugins. It was the APC on the server. I tried adjusting apc.mmap_file_mask, apc.shm_size values in apc.ini, but nothing worked.

I always knew that APC was throwing so many warnings on my server by looking at error logs from time to time. The most frequent warning I see in my logs is:

PHP Warning:  require_once(): Unable to allocate memory for pool....

Even after disabling W3TC plugin, the warnings were still getting generated in bulk. I though, if i could only get rid of that APC all together….

That’s exactly what I did and that FIXED THE PROBLEM!

SO I disabled APC completely by placing the following line in .htaccess file:

php_flag apc.cache_by_default Off

Although I don’t like this solution, it’ll do for now. I do want to have some sort of caching in place. I can’t believe that APC is the “go to caching” for PHP, I’ve had nothing but headaches with it.

Can you guys recommend any other caching mechanism that works well with s2member?

Marko

Posted: Monday Dec 17th, 2012 at 7:08 am #34829
Marko

And thanks Cristián for pointing me in the right direction :-)

Posted: Tuesday Dec 18th, 2012 at 7:25 am #34902

Thanks for the update! I’m very glad I could help and that you found the solution. :)

I’m not familiar with this kind of thing… I’ve heard about Memcached but don’t know how it’d play with s2Member. I remember a user mentioned using Varnish Cache successfully with s2Member.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.