latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Successful subscribe then demoted

Home Forums Community Forum Successful subscribe then demoted

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jun 17th, 2013 at 11:33 pm #52057

OK,
So I’m having another sort of problem with subscriptions. This time what is happening is (not always but sometimes) when a user subscribes, paypal goes through and they are fine for a day, then they are demoted to our free (no access) level, without canceling.

Go to the below url to see my settings for Auto EOT with Paypal….

Screen Capture of my Settings

From my understanding, my settings are as they should be. It seems that an EOT is triggered as soon as their subscription is complete because about a day later they try to log in and are denied the content because they have been demoted.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jun 18th, 2013 at 12:52 pm #52125
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

I can’t tell you what’s happening without seeing log files. Do you have logging enabled?

See: Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Log Files (Debug) -› Logging Configuration

If so, you can send your log files here:

s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Tuesday Jun 18th, 2013 at 1:56 pm #52134

Bruce,
Unfortunately I did not have logging enabled until after the incident. I was not aware that they were off (because I used to have them on all the time before upgrading to the latest plugin version.)

They are on now, so I suppose I have to wait for something like this to happen again before we know what happened?

Posted: Tuesday Jun 18th, 2013 at 7:01 pm #52156

The demotion may be happening if you allow PayPal to retry the charge when it failed, and it’s possible that after reaching the max attempts limit that PayPal tells s2Member it didn’t happen, and s2Member demotes him immediatetly.

But this is a guess, we need to see the logs to make sure, so yeah, you’ll have to wait for it to happen again so it gets logged now.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 19th, 2013 at 12:05 am #52166

I see.

The interesting thing about what you said, Cristian, is that the paypal payment DOES go through. We received the money, and then the next day they log and and have been demoted.

Hopefully i will happen again so we can pinpoint the issue.

Posted: Wednesday Jun 19th, 2013 at 7:35 am #52207

Ah, I see. Okay, let’s wait for it to happen again and get some log entries we can review, then. When you have them, please submit your site’s info and leave me a reply here letting me know. Thanks! s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.