latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

survey after payment

Home Forums Community Forum survey after payment

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Jul 26th, 2012 at 4:42 pm #20340

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jul 27th, 2012 at 7:08 am #20375

Hi Mary.

The problem I see with that is that then the person would not be returning to the URL s2Member needs you to send the person to after checkout in order to know about it and cookie the user so he can register and get the access he paid for. He’d still be sent a confirmation email with a registration link eventually, but he wouldn’t be able to register after the survey and get the right access, because he didn’t return to s2Member right after checkout.

Now, if you’re willing to do this manually, you could let them pay you with PayPal, without the integration with s2Member required, and then you send them to the survey, and after you get all this, generate a registration link for them and email it. I don’t think that’s ideal, though, but you do have that choice. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons -› Registration Access Links[/hilite]

Can’t you let the person register right after payment and then take the survey? Why wouldn’t this work for you?

Posted: Friday Jul 27th, 2012 at 4:50 pm #20443

Oh, I totally agree. It is a client that wants this done this way. I don’t see the issue either, perhaps he is worried that they won’t do the survey. I’ll pass on your view about it, as I would rather do it the way it is set up too!

Thank you so much.

Posted: Saturday Jul 28th, 2012 at 6:07 am #20501

Well, I feel that forcing the user to take a survey before giving him what he paid for and thought he’d get right away, may cause some to be upset.

Anyway, a way to make the user take the survey before getting the content, would be to have the content protected with a higher level than the one the user gets with his purchase. Then your client, after getting the survey submitted, could upgrade the account to the level required to access the content.

Or you could create a hack to upgrade him automatically after receiving a submitted survey from him. Knowledge Base » Changing Roles/Capabilities via PHP

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.