latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

SWF file not loading, works outside s2member

Home Forums Community Forum SWF file not loading, works outside s2member

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice. Last updated by  Sara 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Aug 3rd, 2012 at 10:42 pm #21148
Sara
Username: brightisland

I am trying the free version of s2member for the second year in a row, but am finding a similar problem this year to one I had last year which prevented me from purchasing the pro version.

I have an *.swf file I’m trying to display in index.html (located in a subfolder of s2member files). All of the restrictions seem to be in place just fine. I’ve successfully turned off the download confirmation (much easier this time around than last year! woohoo!).

Problem is, I cannot get the swf file to load. I get an error as if I don’t have Shockwave player installed.

The same folder and files work when I take them out of the s2member protected directory, but something seems to be preventing the *.swf file from loading as it should in the protected folder.

Any suggestions?

My in-progress wp link is http://www.bonesvillemedia.com/site/, but I don’t have the online ordering thing linked from the homepage yet. I could provide subscriber access to someone if they can help me troubleshoot this.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  Sara.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Aug 6th, 2012 at 10:57 am #21222
Sara
Username: brightisland

I have more information on the problem. I had someone look at it from the flash file end and they said the following:

I’ve investigated the edition with firebug and it seems that there is problem in accessing JavaScript file named swfobject.js that is required to display properly the edition.

Instead of Java Script code, browser gets some html in the index.html file.

Two other Java script libraries (swfaddress.js, swfmacmousewheel.js) are always loaded properly. Perhaps it is a problem with access to this file? Some session-ID related problem?
You can try for example to set absolute, static paths to these libraries in index.html file.

So, I tried setting an absolute path for EVERYTHING in index.html, but still no success.

Any ideas?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.