latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Switching to Pro/Paypal Express

Home Forums Community Forum Switching to Pro/Paypal Express

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jul 23rd, 2013 at 8:46 pm #53911
jansin
Username: jansin62

Okay, I did try to find the answer for this one, so sorry if it’s obvious, and I just didn’t see it.

I’m running a faux membership site. We are a community organization, and everyone has access to all pages, they just pay different fees to register based on family size, so like Level 1 has no kids, Level 2 has one kid, etc.

Anyhow, I was using s2 Member, but wanted more than 4 levels, and wanted to export member list, so I upgraded to S2 Member Pro. I don’t want to use Paypal Pro because we don’t make enough to justify the monthly fee.

Now I’d like to use s2 Member Pro Forms with Paypal Express, but I’m wondering if I change my API credentials, as suggested in the FAQ, if it will mess up the Paypal buttons that I generated and are currently using from the free version.

TIA!

Janice

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jul 24th, 2013 at 4:43 am #53960
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Now I’d like to use s2 Member Pro Forms with Paypal Express, but I’m wondering if I change my API credentials, as suggested in the FAQ, if it will mess up the Paypal buttons that I generated and are currently using from the free version.

As long as your API credentials are correct, this shouldn’t cause your buttons to stop working completely, as far as I know. I do know that if you have any recurring subscriptions still going through these buttons, those should still work fine when you change your credentials, as the format for the IPN responses does not change.

The best way to make sure nothing goes wrong is to move over to Pro Forms and change your credentials at the same time, preferably while putting your site into Maintenance Mode.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.