latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Synchronize Users on Two Sites

Home Forums Community Forum Synchronize Users on Two Sites

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jun 10th, 2013 at 1:25 pm #51721

Hello good people,

I’ve checked out related threads, e.g:

http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/user-sync-between-two-sites/

That thread mentioned using a developer and s2Member’s API Notifications and Remote Operations API. And that can get pricey.

Has anything changed since that thread?

We have a membership site using s2Member Pro. And we have an e-commerce site which is a separate WordPress installation at the same host.

There is a wonderful plugin available from WPMUDEV which will allow one WordPress site to be set up as a Master site. Then one or more other unique WordPress installations can be set up as Sub sites. And that User Synchronization plugin works great.

However it only syncs up the Admin, Editor, Contributor and Subscriber WordPress user roles. It will not sync up s2Member member levels.

Does s2Member have any recommendations for syncing s2Membership levels and users across two sites?

Thank you,

Chris

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jun 11th, 2013 at 12:49 am #51740
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

I’m afraid this situation has not changed as of yet. To have s2Member accomplish this would be to add an entirely new section of s2Member, and I’m afraid we just couldn’t support debugging this feature along with all of the other things that s2Member does currently.

However it only syncs up the Admin, Editor, Contributor and Subscriber WordPress user roles. It will not sync up s2Member member levels.

I would recommend questioning the developers of this plugin and see if it’s possible to change this. s2Member hooks directly into the WordPress Roles and Capabilities functionality, so it will not take a direct integration on this plugin’s part to accomplish this. They should only need to check for all WordPress Roles and Capabilities.

If that does not work out for your, I’m afraid I can’t offer any suggestions for you. This is a feature that’s been requested multiple times in the past, and we attempted to make this easier with the use of Remote Operations, but it stills has a long way to go.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.