latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Tax calculation on reg form

Home Forums Community Forum Tax calculation on reg form

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday May 18th, 2012 at 10:21 am #13875
Epix Media
Username: epixmedia

Hi all, is there a way I can remove the “billing address” section that appears when you want to use tax?

I need to pass the tax amount in £ into PayPal but want it to always be a flat rate of 20% for everyone (my client is UK based only), so I don’t need these fields to be present…

Zoe

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday May 18th, 2012 at 6:59 pm #13924

Hi Zoe.

I believe the billing address is not just asked for the tax calculation, but also for verification purposes when processing the card, and it can’t be removed for that reason, PayPal requires it. Don’t you have the billing address section even if you didn’t calculate tax?

Posted: Monday May 21st, 2012 at 9:28 am #14072
Epix Media

No if I put the tax amount under s2member > paypal options > tax rate calculations, back to 0.0% these fields disappear…

I’m using the pro forms but the paypal account is standard not pro. I just need to be able to tell PayPal the Tax amount is 20%…

any ideas?

Zoe

Posted: Tuesday May 22nd, 2012 at 7:52 pm #14207

Hmm… I don’t know about this.

So you want PayPal Standard to charge 20% tax, but not ask for billing address, is that it? If you don’t ask for tax in PayPal Standard, the billing is not requested, or is that just with the pro-form?

If you know it’s 20%, can’t you just include it in the price and not have PayPal add it for you?

Posted: Wednesday May 23rd, 2012 at 9:02 am #14316
Epix Media

Yes I want to apply 20% tax and not request billing details. In my mind they are not needed as everyone will incur 20% tax.

I suppose I could just remove it and add it to the price, but I’d rather pass it to paypal so the client has the break down in their account… if there’s a way to do the above I’d rather that route…

Zoe

Posted: Thursday May 24th, 2012 at 2:51 am #14408

OK, I’ll ask Jason if he knows. :)

By the way, if you’re using the pro-form, then it’s not PayPal Standard, but Express Checkout.

Posted: Thursday May 24th, 2012 at 3:06 am #14411
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this request for support.

Whenever tax may apply, s2Member Pro Forms will collect some location-specific details that need to be considered before your Pro Tax Configuration is parsed (i.e. before sending the customer to Express Checkout). Since pro tax calculations can include location-specific details, s2Member Pro forms need to know where your customer is located, before sending the customer to Express Checkout.

As Cristian mentioned, Express Checkout is a bit different from PayPal Standard. It’s up to s2Member Pro, to calculate the tax (as you’ve configured with s2Member), because PayPal Standard tax calculations do NOT get applied during Express Checkout (e.g. it’s up to your shopping cart system – s2Member Pro).

While I can understand your desire to reduce these fields when you’re running only a flat percentage rate, it’s not something s2Member Pro is capable of in the current release. That is, the location-specific fields will always appear, if tax may apply. If you empty your tax configuration file for s2Member Pro, and add the flat rate to the total cost, they will dissapear though.

Or, you could try implementing your own custom Pro Form template if you prefer.
Pre Sale FAQs » Is it possible to modify s2Member® Pro Form templates?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.