latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

T&C for Client Portal?

Home Forums Community Forum T&C for Client Portal?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Jun 4th, 2012 at 11:58 pm #15422

I’m using s2Member for a client portal. Registration is closed – I add clients manually. I’d like to show a page or popup upon first login with terms and conditions, then redirect them to their personal portal page once they agree. I’m researching outside plugins to achieve this, but I wanted to check first to see whether I can do it within s2Member.

Searching the forums shows a lot of questions about T&C upon registration or purchase, but nothing that seems to apply to the first login for an existing user. Any ideas?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jun 5th, 2012 at 6:51 am #15466

Hi Andrea.

Normally that would be done on registration, so the custom profile fields are a good solution. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields[/hilite]

If you need to do your custom thing on first login, you could use the Login Offers and use that to redirect the person to the T&C page on first login: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› One-Time Offers (Upon Login)[/hilite]

Does that help?

Posted: Tuesday Jun 5th, 2012 at 12:07 pm #15535

Ah, I never noticed the One-Time Offers area. Thanks!

Posted: Tuesday Jun 5th, 2012 at 10:06 pm #15614

No problem. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.