latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

template ignored in Buddypress child theme

Home Forums Community Forum template ignored in Buddypress child theme

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Mar 19th, 2013 at 5:02 pm #45186

Has there been any progress in allowing a custom pro template in a Buddypress child theme as discussed here: http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/modified-pro-form-template-ignored/

Cheers

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Mar 20th, 2013 at 4:05 pm #45250

Just to make it clear, custom paypal-registration-form.php doesn’t work unless you put it in the parent buddypress bp-default theme folder in the plugins directory.

Posted: Thursday Mar 21st, 2013 at 3:02 am #45301
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

I have not heard of any developments on this. s2Member uses the WordPress standards for getting the current theme’s directory, so I’m unsure how this could be remedied, but I will ask Jason (Lead Developer) if this is possible.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 27th, 2013 at 1:04 pm #45878

Could the path be defined in s2memberhacks.php?

Posted: Wednesday Mar 27th, 2013 at 2:03 pm #45883
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Could the path be defined in s2memberhacks.php?

We took a look at the code, and s2Member uses TEMPLATEPATH to get the correct directory to look for its templates. We’re making note of this and are going to find a way to also search a child theme directory as well.

A custom template file can live outside of the theme directory, and be placed inside: /wp-content/my-template.php. However, this will ONLY work if you call the template by name using the template=”my-template.php” Shortcode Attribute for s2Member Pro Forms.

It is also possible to do something like this in your Shortcode:
/wp-content/themes/my-theme/template.php

So you could use the template attribute to get the correct template from your child theme that way.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.