latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Temporary Free Access, with Free Upgrade?

Home Forums Community Forum Temporary Free Access, with Free Upgrade?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Apr 26th, 2013 at 1:25 am #48430

Hello,

Is it possible to allow folks to sign up for free, and then upgrade them for free without any type of paypal (or other gateway) interactions?

I’m setting up an online course site, and the students have already paid using another service. I’m convincing my client to shift gears so she can automate in the future, and our goal now is to:

Give them a screen where they can create their own username and password (It seems like this exists under “Free Subscription” or “Free Registration”)

Then, I’d like to either upgrade them so they have access to only one course (and we might add other courses later they shouldn’t have access to UNLESS they pay for them).

So, let me know if this is clear, and if this is something I can do with your free (or pro) versions.

Thank you kindly!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Apr 26th, 2013 at 8:30 pm #48514
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for your inquiry.

It is possible to have Users register for free and upgrade them manually. You can do this through the WordPress Dashboard in your Users List. Alternatively, if you’re looking have some automated way to accomplish this you’ll need to use the information provided here to upgrade Users for free.

See: Knowledge Base » Changing Roles/Capabilities via PHP

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.