latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Testing s2 members_Welcome page restrictions

Home Forums Community Forum Testing s2 members_Welcome page restrictions

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Nov 23rd, 2012 at 5:45 am #32389
Beltane Smith
Username: sblob

Hi, I am currently creating a website for a residential complex. Basically once you are a level 1 member or higher, when you log in it redirects to a news blog (s2Member welcome page). However I have free level 0 registration allowed until this gets confirmed by an administrator. But I have noticed that if you log in as a level 0 member you still have access to the welcome page. How can I only allow level 1 and higher access to this? Level 0 members need to wait for their account to be approved.

All levels will be free but we just want to restrict anyone from signing up and accessing member info.

Much appreciated!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Nov 23rd, 2012 at 3:36 pm #32450
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Beltane,

One way you can achieve this is by simply using s2Member conditionals (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Simple/Shortcode Conditionals) to check if the user is level 0, if he is then he will get some text along the lines of “Please wait for your account to be approved”.

You can read up about conditionals in this article: Knowledge Base » s2Member® Conditionals

– Eduan

Posted: Monday Nov 26th, 2012 at 2:19 am #32563
Beltane Smith

Thank you for your prompt response!

My issue seems to be that the page I want to restrict is the blog page, so there is no actual text (posts only). Is there a way around this?

What I need it to do is check if it is level 0 and if so show text asking them to await authorisation. If any other level they will have complete access.

Much appreciated!

Posted: Monday Nov 26th, 2012 at 9:59 am #32591
Eduan

Ah I see, well you might be interested in checking under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Restriction Options -› Alternative View Protection.

See if activating some/all of these options block it. Just remember that the user would be able to see the preview post, and if he tries to continue reading he will be redirected to the membership options page.

Now, that’s if you’re not able to hack your theme. If you are able, and have no problem doing that, then you can use s2Member PHP conditionals in order to show the post list or not, depending on the user’s access.

You can find more info about conditionals in this article: Knowledge Base » s2Member® Conditionals
And you can find the conditionals under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Scripting -› Advanced PHP Conditionals

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Nov 27th, 2012 at 4:31 am #32671
Beltane Smith

I really appreciate your response!

The conditionals have helped me solve some other issues. I think for this issue I may make a different landing page with a permanent redirect depending on the users status. I’m not sure if this is possible but I will look around a bit. I think Peter’s redirect plugin may be able to do this.

Posted: Tuesday Nov 27th, 2012 at 1:17 pm #32720
Eduan

OK, if the plugin doesn’t work correctly you can always combine s2Member PHP conditionals with a JavaScript redirect. :)

– Eduan

Posted: Wednesday Nov 28th, 2012 at 3:38 am #32754
Beltane Smith

Okay I managed it with a permanent redirect plugin. This redirects level 1 and higher members to the news page when they log in and the level 0 members to a restricted access page. It redirects fast enough that they won’t even notice.

Thanks again for the help!

Posted: Wednesday Nov 28th, 2012 at 4:47 pm #32827
Eduan

No problem, glad you were able to find a solution. :)

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.