latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Thank you protection

Home Forums Community Forum Thank you protection

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Sep 29th, 2013 at 1:38 pm #59988

Hi,

I cannot post to any forums except for this one (I am a PRO paid member).

I have a couple of problems regarding s2member that I need to resolve ASAP..

1. I need a way to protect Thank You page from being accessed by anyone except for those who came to this page from Clickbank (http referral being *.clickbank or something similar). I understand that this is achievable by some function in the mu-plugins or perhaps allowing PHP in the page and make a conditional statement?

What do you suggest as long as s2member doesn’t do that? This is very important to calculate “goals” like in Google Analytics.

2. I am trying to get my site s2member security certified and I passed all the check list however the test url always return 0 without giving any further notices. How to troubleshoot why it doesn’t return 1 as long as the site meets all the requirements?

Thanks,
Hossam

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Oct 1st, 2013 at 7:45 am #60054

1. I need a way to protect Thank You page from being accessed by anyone except for those who came to this page from Clickbank (http referral being *.clickbank or something similar). I understand that this is achievable by some function in the mu-plugins or perhaps allowing PHP in the page and make a conditional statement?

The thank-you page, if it’s a custom one, needs to be public, because a new customer won’t have an account yet, so he’ll still be a visitor until he registers and logs in. If you protect the thank-you page, he’ll be taken there after checkout and bounced to the Membership Options Page.

If you don’t have the thank-you page in your navigation, or let it be indexed by search engines, then only those that actually purchased will see it. Right?

About the tracking, wouldn’t the signup work better?

And here’s an article that may help: Knowledge Base » Google® Analytics ECommerce Tracking

2. I am trying to get my site s2member security certified and I passed all the check list however the test url always return 0 without giving any further notices. How to troubleshoot why it doesn’t return 1 as long as the site meets all the requirements?

Have you verified that you have no files in your s2member-logs directory? [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Log Files (Debug) -› s2Member® Log Viewer[/hilite]

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Oct 1st, 2013 at 4:32 pm #60066

Cristian, thanks for your guidance on the tracking thing. I also figured out that I can make a goal funnel but having one of funnel codes in CB backend (like checkout process page).

About the site seal thing, yes I followed the instructions on changing the log files folder and it didn’t enable the verification so I disabled logging entirely (not seeing anything in the log viewer) and still having a 0 status code.

How to troubleshoot this?

Posted: Wednesday Oct 2nd, 2013 at 7:38 am #60090

Hmm… I’d double check that you didn’t miss any of these requirements: Knowledge Base » s2Member® Security Badges

And if that’s not enough, I’d do these: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.