latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

The default generated cancel membership page

Home Forums Community Forum The default generated cancel membership page

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 7 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday May 21st, 2012 at 1:44 pm #14084

The default generated cancel membership page ([s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form cancel="1" desc="This will cancel your account. Are you sure?" captcha="0" /]) gives me this:

Cancel Membership

We are sorry to hear you want to cancel your memebership
Please log in at PayPal® to cancel your Subscription.
This will cancel your account. Are you sure?
Confirm Cancellation

with a “submit form” button and a link to log into paypal. which is it? does my customer just click “submit Form” or do they have to go to paypal? The paypal link does not take them to a paypal cancel page, just a generic home page which would be very confusing for the customer to figure how to cancel from there.

Also since usually their membership continues until renewal what is the bast way to confirm that the cancellation did in fact take place.

Ed

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday May 22nd, 2012 at 8:55 pm #14221

Hi Edward.

I see you’re using the cancellation for PayPal Pro. Are you using PayPal Pro or just Express Checkout or PayPal Standard buttons for them to create the subscription?

Did you test this from your admin account or from a test account at the level of a regular user?

Thanks.

Posted: Tuesday May 22nd, 2012 at 10:37 pm #14236

I used the short code above which I believe which I got from pay pro cancel form section. I am using paypal pro to create the memberships however that questioned reminded me that early on I was testing both carts and I am not sure what cart that particular user came from. When I tested from a user that I know for sure came from paypal pro the issue went away.

however when it cancels i get:

Billing termination confirmed. Your account has been cancelled.
This will cancel your account. Are you sure?
Confirm Cancellation
with another button. That is a little confusing. Is there a way to suppress getting another cancel button. The “Billing termination confirmed. Your account has been cancelled.” would be sufficient. The repeat of the button is just confusing.

Posted: Wednesday May 23rd, 2012 at 4:04 am #14300

Ah, glad you found what the problem was. :)

About the confirmation, that’s to avoid cancellations by mistake, so the user has to confirm he’ll cancel before it’s effective. The message could be improved, thanks for pointing it out!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.