latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Theme conflicts

Home Forums Community Forum Theme conflicts

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 1 month ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Dec 6th, 2012 at 2:21 am #33670
Lesley Vick
Username: dissent

I have a conflict with my theme “modernize”.

I have done a lot of work on the theme before discovering the conflict and am fluent with the theme.

With the theme enabled, The paypal buttons produce the following error “Invalid Regular period. You must specify valid values for the A3, P3 and T3 parameters for a subscription.”

Where do I start with finding the conflict? What is the likely cause?

the site is here: http://dissent2.dvize.com/

thank you

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Dec 6th, 2012 at 2:25 am #33671
Lesley Vick

would it work to use the buttons generated by paypal?

Posted: Thursday Dec 6th, 2012 at 7:43 am #33686

Hi Lesley.

The likely cause is the way it’s affecting the content filtering. It’s making changes to the output of the button shortcode, when it shouldn’t. You can look in the theme for things that would affect the content.

Another thing to try would be disabling content filters using a plugin like TrueEdit. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/trueedit/ A likely culprit is the wpautop filter, but using this plugin doesn’t always solve this problem, it varies depending on what the theme is doing.

Another thing you can try is edit the shortcode button’s template to remove all HTML comments and line breaks. s2member\includes\templates\buttons\paypal-checkout-button.php

And you can also use buttons created over at PayPal, integrated with s2Member: Knowledge Base » Using PayPal created buttons. Keep in mind that this one will only work for new users, not upgrading existing ones since the user info will not be included in the button.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Friday Dec 7th, 2012 at 5:10 am #33845
Lesley Vick

ok… it looked like the issue was the content rendering… so i placed the code into the template via

this worked

thx

Posted: Friday Dec 7th, 2012 at 8:15 am #33878

this worked

Thanks for the update. Glad you could solve it. :)

so i placed the code into the template via

So what did you do? Edit the template?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.