latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Third Party Suggestions

Home Forums Community Forum Third Party Suggestions

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Sep 11th, 2012 at 8:24 am #24878

Hi,
I’ve purchased s2member pro and have been looking for a resolution to what we are trying to achieve.
We are creating a paid membership website which will automatically generate a referral URL for new members so they can refer others to the site. Once a new member joins after being referred by another member, the referring member will receive a commission on their monthly fee each and every month.
Additionally, the system will host a number of ‘other’ programs for members to join. For example let’s say that MemberA refers MemberB, then inside the membership MemberB will see the other program links of MemberA. Inside the membership, each member will also be able to add their referral links to the ‘other programs’ for new members to use in the event the new member signs-up to any of the programs using these links.
When logged in, each member will be able to see their referral link hits, leads, sales and commissions generated (including a few other things)

The question we have is this… we would like this project to be developed using the wordpress CMS (including s2member) however are there any other third party solutions anyone (especially s2member developers) can recommend we take a look at to achieve the majority of our project objectives as outlined above.

Currently we have looked into Post Affiliate Pro, iDevAffiliate and WordPress Affiliate Platform plugin however none of them seem to be able to achieve what we are looking at developing. This may be a custom job, but we would appreciate any ideas or recommendations that anyone can offer.

For a better understanding of the nature of what we are trying to achieve with the ‘other programs’ referring model inside the membership, please take a look at the following link.

http://www.rcdbs.com/demo/ – log into the members demo area and you will see the programs that are being promoted. Our system will use a similar recruiting model, however with s2members delayed content feature including training material and other beneficial resources.

Appreciate any ideas or assistance in advance.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Sep 12th, 2012 at 7:32 am #24983

Hi David.

That’s a cool project you have. I’m afraid the two affiliate solutions I’d have suggested to look into, are mentioned in your post already.

I know there’s a user here that is working on a new affiliate plugin to work with s2Member, and maybe it will/could include the features you need for your project. http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/s2m-affiliate-plugin-thread/

I hope it helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Sep 12th, 2012 at 8:07 am #24992

Hi Cristian,
Thanks for your comments. I have had a quick look at the thread suggested and doesn’t seem like he is taking suggestions so am still researching our options.

Another quick question, do you or has anyone else heard of someone else integrating Post Affiliate Pro’s API with s2member in the past? and if so do you know who they are? and what sort of issues they may have encountered – if any? I’d love to chat with someone who has had some experience integrating Post Affiliate Pro with s2member Pro both from a sign-up point of view (simultaneously creating the same wordpress user and Post Affiliate Pro user upon registration and membership payment), and the API integration as discussed here.

Additionally, Post Affiliate Pro’s API should work with s2member Pro’s API scripting right?

Thanks again for your assistance.

Posted: Thursday Sep 13th, 2012 at 6:46 am #25152

Sorry, I have no experience with Post Affiliate Pro. Can’t say if it’ll do what you need…

About the other plugins, like WP Affiliate, since it’s a WP plugin, it may be possible to have the user become an affiliate with the same account, right? Have you asked its developer about it?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.