latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Thousands of legal documents

Home Forums Community Forum Thousands of legal documents

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jul 10th, 2013 at 5:15 pm #53254
Deborah Beeksma
Username: dlb

Hi,

This is a pre-sales question. Unfortunately, I do not have time to read through all of the forums and watch the videos, so let me thank you in advance for the support.

For the past 15 years, I’ve had a private document access area that is password protected through a “regular” html web site. There are a few hundred html pages that index thousands of pdf legal documents.

I want to move all of that to wordpress, so it’s responsive and readable on everyone’s iphones and other devices.

The html part is easy; and if I am understanding s2member right, I could probably move the entire directory/folder that I currently have into a directory/folder in wp-content? And then the documents will be available only to paying members?

Or alternatively, can the directory/folder that I am already using be protected with the s2member plugin? It would be on the same domain as the wordpress installation, but something like http://www.thesite.com/documents

Finally, in the directory that I am currently using before migrating over, I have numerous subfolders, based on various clients and legal cases. Do subfolders work in the protected directors within s2member?

Unless I am misreading what I’ve seen here, I think the paid version will work for what my colleagues and I need, but I thought I better check first.

Thanks again.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Jul 10th, 2013 at 5:40 pm #53255
Ravi Gupta
Username: rguptaca

Are these documents confidential?

Posted: Wednesday Jul 10th, 2013 at 5:44 pm #53256
Deborah Beeksma
Username: dlb

Ravi, no, but they are research materials that we don’t want the public to have for free.

Posted: Saturday Jul 13th, 2013 at 6:59 am #53390

The html part is easy; and if I am understanding s2member right, I could probably move the entire directory/folder that I currently have into a directory/folder in wp-content? And then the documents will be available only to paying members?

Correct: /wp-content/plugins/s2member-files/. See: Video » s2Member (File Download Options)

Or alternatively, can the directory/folder that I am already using be protected with the s2member plugin? It would be on the same domain as the wordpress installation, but something like http://www.thesite.com/documents

You could customize the directory s2Member uses for this. See: http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2729&p=8018

Finally, in the directory that I am currently using before migrating over, I have numerous subfolders, based on various clients and legal cases. Do subfolders work in the protected directors within s2member?

Yes, they do.

Unless I am misreading what I’ve seen here, I think the paid version will work for what my colleagues and I need, but I thought I better check first.

These things are possible in the free version, you may want to try that first, but it’s fine if you want to upgrade for other reasons.

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.