latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Thousands of s2member-o.php hits???

Home Forums Community Forum Thousands of s2member-o.php hits???

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 2:17 pm #27104
Bob Cesca
Username: chefmolnar

This is driving me nuts. For some reason, s2member-o.php is loading twice as often as the front page of my WP blog. For example, according to my stats, the main page of my blog “/” had 2900 hits yesterday. But “s2member-o.php” received more hits than anything else on the blog — 4700 hits. My subscription area only has 120 members.

Consequently, every time I receive a spike in traffic, s2member-o.php creates a huge CPU load on my server.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening and how to fix it?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Oct 1st, 2012 at 4:09 pm #27124
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Bob,

I checked the source code of that file, and from what I can tell, it’s what loads s2Member fully. You can check it yourself: http://www.s2member.com/codex/stable/source/s2member/s2member-o.php/

So if that tells you anything, maybe the reason it gets a lot of hits is because every time your site is loaded, including search engines maybe, that file gets loaded.

– Eduan

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.