latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

*TIME CRUNCH! PLEASE HELP* Not Working

Home Forums Community Forum *TIME CRUNCH! PLEASE HELP* Not Working

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Dec 28th, 2012 at 11:22 pm #35679

Thank you so much for your timely help. I am developing a site and am in a major time crunch, and brand new to S2Member (obviously) I have activated the S2member plugin, created the pages as in the tutorials, I will sign up and pay, receive the email with my login name and password, but after I login with my newly purchased membership, I still am not granted access to my one restricted page. I know this would be the most basic of problems, but I was not able to find this issue addressed in the forums.
I have watched all the videos and scoured the forums but have not found the answer. If you could please help ASAP I would be more than appreciative. Here is the site: http://www.Fit4America.com
It’s almost as though me purchasing the membership doesn’t actually grant me access. I have the test protected page set to restriction level 1 which is the access level the paypal button gives me….
Thanks in advance for your help and please fire away with questions, so we can narrow this down. I am more than appreciative.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Dec 28th, 2012 at 11:56 pm #35681
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

are you logged in as admin when you create your test account?

I would be happy to take a look at the back end. Send an admin login to dwelch@itelves.com

Do you have it protected by more than one type of protection? post/page, custom capability, category, etc.

Dave

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  David Welch.
Posted: Saturday Dec 29th, 2012 at 12:24 am #35689

Ok yes, give me just a minute please

Posted: Saturday Dec 29th, 2012 at 12:31 am #35690

Ok I sent you the admin login.
At the very bottom line of what I need is just the Members Page protected. I can make it so customers must access their workouts and meals from that page alone.

I want the “get started” page to be the membership option page,
and the “members” page to be the login welcome page.

Please let me know if you didnt receive the login. Thanks so much

Posted: Saturday Dec 29th, 2012 at 12:51 am #35691
David Welch

I’ll take a look now.

Dave

Posted: Saturday Dec 29th, 2012 at 1:41 am #35692
David Welch

OK….

The problem, from what I can tell, is that your WordPress Address (URL) is one one domain, but the Site Address (URL) is a different domain.

My guess is that either this change was not made correctly per this documentation:
http://codex.wordpress.org/Giving_WordPress_Its_Own_Directory

OR, S2member doesn’t like to work with that type of set-up. I’m not sure why s2 wouldn’t work with that type of set-up since the wordpress install runs most of the show…

I tested accessing the protected page by adding the ?page_id= to the WordPress Address (URL) instead of the fit4america url and it pulled up just fine.

I also tried to print my S2MEMBER_CURRENT_USER_ID constant and it came up as 0 in the fit4america domain but came up correctly with the WordPress Address (URL).

So… that is probably the main (if not the only) issue here. S2member isn’t working cause it’s not getting the variables from the right URL.

I’ll see if I can find anything in s2 that would need to be changed but I would suggest first making sure everything listed in the documentation I linked to above was done correctly.

NOTE: I’ll be driving 15 hours back from a wedding tomorrow so I won’t have much contact probably until very late, if at all.

Hope that helps,

Dave

Posted: Saturday Dec 29th, 2012 at 7:52 am #35711

Ok, I will see what I can figure out base off of what you just told me, honestly that is over my head as far as the technical aspect goes. If there is ANY way possible you could help me get it configured properly by Sunday (we are launching Monday morning!) that would be a huge help and I will gladly send some money to your paypal account. Thank you SO much for taking a look at this and helping me, I really appreciate it. You are a life saver!

Posted: Saturday Dec 29th, 2012 at 2:33 pm #35729
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Adding to what David suggested. You might be interested in checking this article out: Knowledge Base » Don't mix www and without

– Eduan

Posted: Saturday Dec 29th, 2012 at 3:09 pm #35733
David Welch

travis, can you send me your contact email to my email so I can get some more info from you?

Thanks,

Dave

Posted: Saturday Dec 29th, 2012 at 4:07 pm #35743

Eduan – I had checked the article out yesterday, I believe I did that properly, but I will double check it again just in case. Thanks for the help, keep it coming if you have more suggestions

Posted: Sunday Dec 30th, 2012 at 11:40 am #35805
Eduan

No problem.

Have you tried these troubleshooting tips?: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

– Eduan

Posted: Sunday Dec 30th, 2012 at 2:31 pm #35818

Thanks for the followup Eduan. Yes I checked there too. David was a huge help. He logged in for me and took a look around. It appears the problem was with the hosting company I went with. I went with network solutions since they have a wordpress blog hosting product that was a little bit cheaper than the other options. At the time, this seemed like a good choice, however as the site developed into a bigger and bigger website this has caused problems. I have put in a help ticket with network solutions and am awaiting their reply on getting everything switched over to a normal hosting solution. I think what it boils down to is something very similar to the “don’t mix www without” article you posted earlier, but I don’t think I could have discovered that due to the wordpress hosting option I originally chose. What we had to due for a temporary fix was use the “ugly” links that network solution comes with for now, until I upgrade the hosting. Thanks so much for you and David’s help. I’ll keep you posted.

Posted: Sunday Dec 30th, 2012 at 3:53 pm #35820
Eduan

I see. I’m glad you were able to find the problem, let’s hope it’s easy to fix it as well. :)

– Eduan

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.