latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Too many notification emails.

Home Forums Community Forum Too many notification emails.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Feb 17th, 2013 at 3:32 pm #42035

After running a few test-drives of my site, I noticed that new members recieve a whole slew of notification emails:

1. If they don’t have an account with Paypal, they will get a new account notification.
2. Notification of payment sent via paypal.
3. Notification of New automatic payment profile for recurring payment.
4. Notification of New User registration.
5. Notification of Username and Password.
6. Confirmation email from Aweber for list subscription.

YIKES! Some of my members have also noticed that their gmail is putting these in SPAM folder because there’s so many all at once.

Any ideas how to consolidate these or minimize it?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 9:46 am #42260
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Nevin,

Well the first 3 emails are from PayPal, telling the user that things have been done with his account.

The last 3 emails are from WordPress and AWeber.

So to remove the first 3 emails I’m afraid that depends on the user, I personally don’t have a PayPal account yet so I’m not sure if this is possible, but it should be possible to configure when you get sent an email.

The last 3 emails are unavoidable I’m afraid. The notification of new user registration is only received by the admin user and any other emails you have configured to receive it I believe. I believe you can configure that under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Email Configuration.

The other 2 are sent by WordPress (you would have to modify WordPress to remove it) and AWeber, which is a confirmation email that HAS to be sent in order to confirm their signup to that mailing list or whatever.

– Eduan

Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 6:30 pm #42355

Thanks Eduan!

Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 6:43 pm #42362
Eduan
Username: Eduan

No problem! Glad I was able to help. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.