latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Tracking coupon code

Home Forums Community Forum Tracking coupon code

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Jul 20th, 2012 at 8:17 am #19829

Hi,

I’m referring to the following topic on your old forum: http://www.primothemes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17003

I follow the instruction on this topic but I don’t know if it is possible somewhere in s2member to track if a specific user is related to an affiliate (i.e. 123) but withtout buying idevaffiliate

Exemple:

1) my coupons are working fine (ex: SAVE-5|5%) => tested and is working
2) Affiliate suffix is still -A: (under WP Admin -> s2Member -> Pro Coupon Codes -> Affiliate)
3) I gave the “123” affiliate number to one of my affiliate
4) he sold a package to UserX who has confirmed having entered the following coupon “save-5-a:123”

Question:

How can I track (in s2member on WP – without buying an affiliate tracking system, i.e. idevaffiliate) the affiliate number related to user? Is it traceable? and where?

Many thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Saturday Jul 21st, 2012 at 6:40 am #19882

Hi Michael.

The affiliate coupons tracking doesn’t go into the user’s profile, it’s just there for you to use with your tracking software, whichever you choose to use, even a custom script coded by you or someone you hire.

Now, most customers won’t even be registered when the coupon is used, so there’s nothing except the user’s IP address to identify him, or you can load a script that’ll cookie the person using the tracking feature for these affiliate coupons.

Now when the person first logs in, if you cookied the person, you can pick this up and store the affiliate’s ID in the user’s profile in the usermeta table.

I hope this gives you some ideas on how to achieve what you want. :)

Posted: Thursday Jul 26th, 2012 at 1:18 pm #20321

Hi Cristián,

Thanks for your prompt answer.
Best,

Posted: Thursday Jul 26th, 2012 at 9:37 pm #20350

You’re welcome. Glad I could help. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.