latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Tracking Coupon Codes

Home Forums Community Forum Tracking Coupon Codes

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Jason (Lead Developer) 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jan 15th, 2013 at 4:46 pm #37658

I’ve seen various post and replies concerning this, but I didn’t find anything current so I am wondering the status on this … all I need is to know which coupon code a user entered when subscribing. I don’t need affiliate software or anything fancy since there will only be a few coupons. Is there anyway to track this yet?

Can I put %%full_coupon_code%% or %%coupon_code%% in the New User Notification email message?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Jan 17th, 2013 at 1:30 am #37849
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thanks for your inquiry.

s2Member makes it possible to accomplish this in two ways.

s2Member’s processes have integrated functionality that can make this possible with the info from Pre Sale FAQs » Is it possible to modify s2Member® Pro Form templates?.

Within the template file for PayPal checkout forms (/s2member-pro/includes/templates/forms/paypal-checkout-form.php), s2Member uses the code %%coupon_value%% to fill in a variable that is used in the processes under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Pro Coupon Codes -› Affiliate Coupon Codes.

To access this property in processes outside of the affiliate coupon codes, you can use this value to create a custom variable like the ones that are created within Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields. A field like this might look something like this within your new template:

<input type="hidden" maxlength="100" autocomplete="off" value="%%coupon_value%%" name="s2member_pro_paypal_checkout&#091;custom_fields&#093;&#091;coupon&#093;" id="s2member-pro-paypal-checkout-custom-reg-field-coupon" tabindex="100" class="s2member-pro-paypal-custom-reg-field-coupon s2member-pro-paypal-checkout-custom-reg-field-coupon" aria-required="false">

With the above, you’d then be able to access the replacement code %%coupon%% within your WordPress Dashboard anywhere that s2Member supports custom field replacement codes (like Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Email Configuration).

s2Member can pass the coupon’s value via Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Pro Coupon Codes -› Affiliate Coupon Codes.

You can use the info provided through these processes and the processes under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› API / Notifications to set up an external process for sending this info.

See: Knowledge Base » Building An API Notification Handler

Posted: Thursday Jan 17th, 2013 at 12:53 pm #37894

I have to admit I don’t really follow you, but that’s not your fault — by the time I figure all of that out, it would be cheaper for me to buy iDevAffiliate. Thanks anyway.

PS Could you put this on the list? When a new user signs up, I can get all the other info on the signup form sent in the email, why not the coupon code?

Posted: Saturday Jan 19th, 2013 at 8:35 pm #38356
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread :-)

Can I put %%full_coupon_code%% or %%coupon_code%% in the New User Notification email message?

Here is a simpler solution to this. Please follow the instructions below.

Please create this directory and file:
/wp-content/mu-plugins/s2-hacks.php
(NOTE: these are MUST USE plugins, see: http://codex.wordpress.org/Must_Use_Plugins)
(See also: http://www.s2member.com/kb/hacking-s2member/)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.