latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Can Demotions Be Placed in Separate MC Group?

Home Forums Community Forum Can Demotions Be Placed in Separate MC Group?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice. Last updated by  bball 3 years, 3 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Oct 1st, 2013 at 9:35 am #60061
bball
Username: brandonba

Is there a hook or filter that allows s2member to push a TRANSITION or DEMOTION into a separate group/segment of a Mailchimp List?

Currently, if a user is demoted from level 1 to level 0, for example, under current configuration (“Also Process List Transitions Automatically? = Yes”) s2Member will move that user to whichever Mailchimp list ID is assigned to Level 0 in settings.

This would all be fine and dandy if I didn’t use autoresponders. However, I have autoresponders in Mailchimp set up for level 0 subscriber list to receive a “welcome” email, and other marketing ARs over time to encourage them to sign up for a paid account. If a user is being demoted, I don’t want them to receive these emails, but rather ones that say “sorry to see you go” and encourage them to come back. Same with transitions between lists — if a user upgrades from level 1 to level 2, i want them to receive autoresponders that read with more “transitional” language rather than “welcome to our program” messaging.

Simply, I am looking to define a list segment/group for s2member to move users when a CHANGE happens, vs. when a NEW signup happens.
if user being pushed to mailchimp = new signup to level A, put in list A group 1
if user being pushed to mailchimp = demotion into level A, put in list A group 2
if user being pushed to mailchimp = upgrade into level A, put in list A group 3

That way all users in Level A are in the same overall MC list and can receive weekly newsletters and such that apply to all members at that level, but MC’s autoresponders can be set up to send to each specific group as needed to market them in different ways.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by  bball.

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.