latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Transfer s2Member license

Home Forums Community Forum Transfer s2Member license

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Dec 10th, 2012 at 6:48 pm #34188
Lee Keels
Username: lkeels

I purchased our current license in my name originally, but I will no longer be working on or supporting the site that is using the plugin. How can I go about making sure that the actual site owner is listed as the owner of the plugin and has access to support?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Dec 11th, 2012 at 8:12 am #34240

Hi Lee.

I’m afraid a license transfer is not possible. When a license is for a client, it should be purchased under his name to show the actual ownership and avoid the problem you describe, as explained here: http://www.s2member.com/prices/#s2-terms-license-types

Please note… if you’re a developer, your clients will need to purchase their own Single-Site and/or Unlimited-Site License. We will not support s2Member® Product instances on domains that you do NOT own and operate yourself. We invite all developers to join our affiliate program, and refer their clients to s2Member.com, where your clients may purchase an s2Member® Product of their own. This also gives your clients access to future releases.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Tuesday Dec 11th, 2012 at 3:43 pm #34294
Lee Keels
Username: lkeels

Can he purchase a license for the existing site so that I can use the copy I own on another site entirely? What would be the process for changing licenses on his copy and releasing mine to use on another if so?

Posted: Wednesday Dec 12th, 2012 at 9:33 am #34362

Yes, that’d be fine. You can update the primary domain for your license from your profile page. http://www.s2member.com/profile/ :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.