latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Transfer User Data

Home Forums Community Forum Transfer User Data

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  sarah ol 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Feb 5th, 2013 at 7:25 pm #40881
sarah ol
Username: wildcat1006

I’ve been hired to re-design a website…I’m ready to transfer my locally hosted site…I actually have to un-install everything currently hosted on the site – everything is done half-assed and is a complete mess…SO my question.

The live site currently uses the S2member plugin and I need the user data/membership info for when I re-install wp and set-up my end…

I’ve already exported copies of the user database and usermeta database that is currently on the live site.

Can I download the plugin and then import those databases and will everything act as if nothing was ever deleted?

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Feb 6th, 2013 at 12:54 pm #40914
David Welch
Username: dwbiz05

I’ve never tried that but I can’t see why it wouldn’t work…

The Pro version has user data export, but it’s basically just doing the same thing by exporting the usermeta items and user table data for each user.

S2member should just recognize the data already stored in the database.

Dave

Posted: Wednesday Feb 6th, 2013 at 3:26 pm #40926
sarah ol
Username: wildcat1006

Okay and if it doesn’t work…just in case – can I write down all the info (like membership details) for each user and re-add them with no problems?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.