latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Trouble forcing terms of service

Home Forums Community Forum Trouble forcing terms of service

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Jul 17th, 2013 at 3:35 pm #53581

I am trying to get s2member to force agreement to terms of service when registering for a product or service. I have read the forum at http://www.s2member.com/kb/force-terms-and-conditions-agreement/ and have tried to follow the instructions for pro forms. I am using Authorize.net forms but also have Paypal Pro forms enabled.

As you can see at my registration link I am getting a double message.

http://lifepurposetips.com/rpp_wordpress/wp-login.php?action=register

I am using the html below:

<p>Please read our <a title="Terms of Service" href="http://lifepurposetips.com/rpp_wordpress/terms-of-service/">terms of service</a> then check the box below to signify that you are in agreement with them.</p>

In addition to the double message, I cannot get the form to force the optin. I have logged off wordpress and the registration goes through whether I check the box or not.

Please help!

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Jul 19th, 2013 at 6:54 am #53678

Could you please show me a screenshot of your panel [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields[/hilite] and of the editor for the custom field for the terms checkbox, please?

It’s possible that having that code twice, is confusing the JavaScript that does requires the user to check the box before submitting.

If you haven’t yet, please try these too: Knowledge Base » Common Troubleshooting Tips

Posted: Friday Jul 19th, 2013 at 7:52 am #53683

Hope this is what you asked for.
Thanks,

Randy

Posted: Friday Jul 19th, 2013 at 8:00 am #53686

Sorry for the repeat…K\I got confused…had the same file saved under two names. This should be the right one.

Posted: Saturday Jul 20th, 2013 at 7:35 am #53723

Thanks for the screenshots. Don’t worry about the duplicates, I removed those.

I don’t see something wrong there. I’d like to take a look at your installation next, could you send me your site’s info, please? s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Saturday Jul 20th, 2013 at 9:15 am #53728

~ AUTO-GENERATED NOTICE TO SUPPORT REPS

Action taken: I posted a private contact form and referenced this Topic.

Posted: Sunday Jul 21st, 2013 at 6:46 am #53752

Thanks, got the email.

I tried a few changes and finally fixed it removing the paragraph tags from the label field. Sorry I didn’t think of it before having it to test with.

Let me know if you need anything else. :)

Posted: Monday Jul 22nd, 2013 at 2:18 pm #53819

You rock…thanks so much for your help!

Posted: Tuesday Jul 23rd, 2013 at 7:42 am #53870

You’re welcome! I’m glad I could help you. :)

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.