latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Trouble importing amember database

Home Forums Community Forum Trouble importing amember database

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 3 years, 10 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 12:19 pm #42291

I need help importing an amember database (csv) into S2Member Pro.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 6:36 pm #42357

Ok, I get it, there is no support for this and unless you are a developer you will not be able to make this work. That should be clearly advertised.
So, I’m not a developer and I’m having difficulty making a decision about whom to hire. I was told by one person that it would take approximately 16 hours to import a database from amember…is that realistic or am I being ripped off? Or is that question also outside of the scope of what you’ll help with?

Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 6:41 pm #42358
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Elayne,

Have you checked this article?:
Knowledge Base » How to Migrate to s2Member Pro from Other Software

Also, don’t be hasty with the support. :)
s2Member® » Support Policy

– Eduan

Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 6:46 pm #42363

It says to export the existing s2member database to see what the format should be. I just installed the plugin so there is no data in it.

Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 6:48 pm #42364

Is 16 hours a reasonable amount of time for this task? Or should I not hire that developer and find someone else

Posted: Monday Feb 18th, 2013 at 7:52 pm #42374
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Even so, go under Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Import/Export -› User/Member Exportation, it should export some stuff. Since there’s the admin user and test users for example.

In any case you can create some false imaginary users and export those.

Posted: Monday Mar 4th, 2013 at 8:54 am #43693

So I have taken the only advice that I can find here and hired a developer (actually I’m up to 3 now) to help me export my amember database and import it into S2member. The first said he worked on it for 8 hours and it couldn’t be done. Paid him and moved on. The 2nd charged me for 3 hours and said she couldn’t do it. The 3rd said it would take 2 days, then 5-6 days and 7 days later it’s still not complete. I don’t know enough about it to even know if I’m being ripped off. CAn anyone help me?

Posted: Monday Mar 4th, 2013 at 9:58 am #43701

I’m trying to do this myself. I have exported the users in S2member and I’ve reconstructed the import file within that format.
Question: If I import this and it’s messed up, is there a way to delete all users in order to start again?

Posted: Monday Mar 4th, 2013 at 10:35 am #43704

Is there anyone who would be willing to help me. I did a test import of the users that I exported from amember and it seemed to work fine. It took me, who knows very little about 30 minutes. Either I’m doing something completely wrong? Or I’m being ripped off.

Could someone just take a look and let me know if it’s correct? I’d really appreciate it.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 6th, 2013 at 6:13 am #43853

Hi Elayne.

I did a test import of the users that I exported from amember and it seemed to work fine. It took me, who knows very little about 30 minutes.

Excellent. :)

Could someone just take a look and let me know if it’s correct? I’d really appreciate it.

Sure. I’d need you to submit your site’s info so I can take a look. You can also attach the CSV file you used to import the users. s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Question: If I import this and it’s messed up, is there a way to delete all users in order to start again?

Yes, you can go to the users list, select them (don’t select your admin account) and from the drop-down for bulk actions, select Remove and click Apply. [hilite path]WP Admin -> Users[/hilite]

Posted: Wednesday Mar 6th, 2013 at 7:48 am #43874

Thanks, got the email. Couldn’t login to the dashboard, though. I sent you an email asking for the login info, will wait for your reply to try again.

I looked at the CSV file and it looks good for the most part. The dates for last payment and EOT are formatted inconsistently, I’d probably use the format mm/dd/yyyy or yyyy-mm-dd consistently for all.

Also, you filled out the user ID column (the first one). This is fine if the user exists and you’re using the import to update his info, but to create users you need to leave the user ID empty.

I hope that helps. :)

Posted: Wednesday Mar 6th, 2013 at 8:17 am #43876

Thanks, the new password worked.

I see in the Users list that the user got created successfully at Level 2. Although that doesn’t match with the CSV file you sent, was that a separate test?

I also noticed you have a ton of custom profile fields and the users list is really cramped. In the Screen Options tab in the upper-right corner, you can uncheck the fields you don’t need to see in the list to make some room.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 6th, 2013 at 6:50 pm #43911

Sorry, yes it was a separate test. Regardless, I am able to upload the test.csv so that’s not the issue.

Although the advice about the fields being cramped is helpful, it is not my issue either. I don’t know if the fields are correct and will work.

I’m afraid that I’m in way over my head here and without reliable support I just can’t make this work. May I have a refund?

Posted: Friday Mar 8th, 2013 at 5:49 am #44048

Regardless, I am able to upload the test.csv so that’s not the issue.

I don’t understand then what the problem you’re having is. I thought you were having difficulty importing the users, but you were able to.

What else did you need help with that wasn’t addressed? I’ll be happy to assist you.

Posted: Friday Mar 8th, 2013 at 8:33 am #44079

There are fields that I’m not sure about:
Custom Capabilities
Auto EOT
Custom Value
Paid Subscription Gateway – do I need to have this or is this for new members going forward?

How do I get the users/members to appear in a member directory?

Posted: Friday Mar 8th, 2013 at 9:01 am #44082

Most of these fields can be found in the user edit page, under the section “s2Member Configuration & Profile Fields (for this Blog)” and next to each you’ll notice a question mark link [hilite mono][?][/hilite] that’ll open a description. [hilite path]WP Admin -> Users -> username -> Edit[/hilite]

Custom Capabilities

This would be left empty if you’re not using custom capabilities to manage access to your content.

Auto EOT

You’d enter the EOT date if they have one. If they have an ongoing subscription, though, leave it empty. With the payment gateway and subscr. ID, when the payment gateway notifies s2Member about the subscription’s end, then s2Member will set the EOT time for the user.

Custom Value

This is your domain name. You can copy the correct value for this field from any of the button/pro-form shortcode created with s2Member. For example these: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Buttons[/hilite]

Paid Subscription Gateway – do I need to have this or is this for new members going forward?

The payment gateway you’re using. If PayPal, then the value would be “paypal”. The codes for the other gateways are in the dropdown for this field in the user edit page.

How do I get the users/members to appear in a member directory?

If you use BuddyPress, that includes a members directory.

Or use a members directory plugin like AMR, which also integrates with s2Member custom profile fields.
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/amr-users/
http://wpusersplugin.com/3086/user-lists-and-filtering-with-s2member-fields/

I hope that helps. :)

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.