latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Need Help: Turning Off Pay Pal Phone Field

Home Forums Community Forum Need Help: Turning Off Pay Pal Phone Field

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Ken 4 years, 8 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Friday Apr 20th, 2012 at 7:38 pm #11430
Ken
Username: kenxx

Hi,

I’m using Pay Pal with S2 Member, but I’m having a problem.

I’ve created a Pay Pal button using S2 Member (free version).

However, the Pay Pal form that then gets generated within Pay Pal when making a purchase (using a credit card) requires submission of a phone number, even though I’ve explicitly turned this requirement OFF in my Pay Pal Profile (in the Website preferences section). It seems that S2 Member is overriding this preference setting, because no matter what setting I use within my Pay Pal profile, the Pay Pal payment form ALWAYS requires the customer to submit their phone number.

I’ve talked to Pay Pal about this, and they assure me that there must be something in the Pay Pal button code that is causing this override.

Does anyone know what I can do — presumably within S2 — so that phone number is *not* a requested field in the Pay Pal check out process? Perhaps a modification to the S2 Pay Pal button short code? Perhaps a setting I’m not aware of? Perhaps some extra code (S2 hack)?

Any help welcome! Thanks.
Ken

• This topic was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  Ken.
  • This topic was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  Ken.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Friday Apr 20th, 2012 at 10:01 pm #11437
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Ken,

have you looked under WP Admin -> s2Member -> General Options -> Custom Registration/Profile Fields & Options.

Have you made sure there isn’t any field there that’s being added by you?

Hope this helps. :)

Posted: Sunday Apr 22nd, 2012 at 7:30 pm #11570
Ken
Username: kenxx

Hi Eduan,

Yes, I’ve checked all that, but it doesn’t seem to be causing the problem.

Thank you, however.

Ken

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.