latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

TWO Levels of FREE Membership without Paypal

Home Forums Community Forum TWO Levels of FREE Membership without Paypal

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Sunday Jan 20th, 2013 at 11:52 am #38418

We offer 2 levels of FREE membership. First level (0) is for anyone. Level 1 is for customers of our product. Any level above that would be premium and paid for (though not set up yet.

Open registration is closed, so for level 0, I have paypal pro form:

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form register="6" level="0" ccaps="" desc="Signup now, it's Free!" custom="website.com" tp="0" tt="D" captcha="clean" /]

(I am assuming register=”6″ i the blog ID)

All fine and dandy.

For customers, they are sent an email to register with this form:

[s2Member-Pro-PayPal-Form register="6" level="1" ccaps="" desc="Signup now - its free" custom="website.com" tp="0" tt="D" captcha="clean" /]

My questions arises as to when someone previously registered at level 0 and already has an account.
How do I give them an “UPGRADE” form to level 1 – remember, didn’t actually use Paypal as they did not pay.
This way, some people try to sign up again only to be told email is already in use.

As it is set up now, I have to manually raise their level from 0 to 1. I’m sure I’m doing it wrong and there is a solution for this, but I’m not saavy enough to figure that one out.

Thanks in advance

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Monday Jan 21st, 2013 at 6:41 pm #38723
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank-you for your inquiry.

s2Member’s Free Registration Pro Forms currently do not support upgrading/demoting users. I’ve put in a request for this to be added to the next major version of s2Member.

In the mean time, you can upgrade users using the information provided within this Knowledge Base article:

Knowledge Base » Changing Roles/Capabilities via PHP

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.