latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Two Questions – Essential

Home Forums Community Forum Two Questions – Essential

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Eduan 4 years ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Thursday Dec 20th, 2012 at 10:36 am #35166

Hello,

Sorry for posting two threads within a short space of time here, but they’re two different matters. I wanted to ask two questions about s2Member.

1) When we have s2Member Pro & PayPal Pro can we accept recurring memberships without the need for people to login or have a PayPal account. Restricting our customers to requiring a PayPal account is a major turn off.

2) Are there any immediate plans to integrate eWay (http://www.eway.co.uk/) into s2Member? eWay is an amazing service that offers a very competitive rate for businesses. We’ve run the numbers for our business, and going with PayPal would majorly damage our profits, where eWay wouldn’t.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Thursday Dec 20th, 2012 at 7:19 pm #35195
Eduan
Username: Eduan

Hello Alec,

Sorry for posting two threads within a short space of time here, but they’re two different matters.

No problem. :)
As long as you don’t introduce a whole new question/problem inside another resolved post it’s OK. :)

1) When we have s2Member Pro & PayPal Pro can we accept recurring memberships without the need for people to login or have a PayPal account. Restricting our customers to requiring a PayPal account is a major turn off.

Check this article: Knowledge Base » PayPal® Services / A Quick Comparison

Notice that it states that as long as you have a PayPal account with ERP (Enhanced Recurring Payments) the user no longer needs a PayPal account even for recurring payments.

2) Are there any immediate plans to integrate eWay (http://www.eway.co.uk/) into s2Member? eWay is an amazing service that offers a very competitive rate for businesses. We’ve run the numbers for our business, and going with PayPal would majorly damage our profits, where eWay wouldn’t.

I believe a couple of users asked for this functionality before, although I can’t remember what the verdict was. I believe it was going to be added to the new version of s2Member, however don’t take my word for it.

– Eduan

Posted: Friday Dec 21st, 2012 at 4:51 am #35212

Check this article: Knowledge Base » PayPal® Services / A Quick Comparison

Notice that it states that as long as you have a PayPal account with ERP (Enhanced Recurring Payments) the user no longer needs a PayPal account even for recurring payments.

I appreciate the link, thank you. I had believed that was the case, I just wanted confirmation. That post is very well written, and crammed full of information.

I believe a couple of users asked for this functionality before, although I can’t remember what the verdict was. I believe it was going to be added to the new version of s2Member, however don’t take my word for it.

It will be good to see what a Service Rep says then. eWay offers very, very competitive price, that far out-weigh PayPal.

Posted: Friday Dec 21st, 2012 at 3:00 pm #35267
Eduan
Username: Eduan

I searched around a bit regarding eWay, and here’s good info:
http://www.s2member.com/forums/topic/integration-with-eway-payment-gateway/

Hope this helps. :)

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.