latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Two Separate Registration Forms

Home Forums Community Forum Two Separate Registration Forms

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices. Last updated by  Cristián Lávaque 4 years, 9 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Mar 28th, 2012 at 6:22 pm #9394

I know this has been asked but I can not find a comprehensive answer. I have a site using s2Member Pro. I upgraded in order to have two separate registration forms.

One form is for professionals – this has 4 payment levels.
Professional options include fields like: name, business name, title, contact info, etc…

The other form is for FREE community members. FREE no payment required.
Community Member options include only: name, email, mailing address.

Is there a way to create two separate forms?

Also I think we set up the registration process backwards. Right now the members register and then are redirected to a payment page. I know it is more optimal for s2 to have them pay first then register. But we prefer it this way – any way to prevent professionals from getting in for free with the way we have it set up? Or should we do it the other way around?

We need a little advice and tech support to make these things happen.

Thanks.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Mar 28th, 2012 at 6:58 pm #9402
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hello,

You can create two separate Pro-Forms, one free form for Community Members (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Free Registration Forms) and another that requires payment for Professionals (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Membership Level # Forms).

You can then place each generated form on a separate WordPress page, one for free users and one for professionals. Then you’ll need to direct visitors to the correct page from your site.

We actually recommend the method of signing up first and then making a payment (the default process when using Pro-Forms). When someone signs up with a non-free form, s2Member will only give their account the necessary level access once it has received an IPN message from the payment gateway informing s2Member of a successful payment for that account.

Posted: Wednesday Mar 28th, 2012 at 7:43 pm #9411

Thanks. I’ll try that out.

Cheers
Daniel

Posted: Wednesday Mar 28th, 2012 at 8:15 pm #9415

Raam,

I put the short code for FREE Registration Forms into my “FREE” registration page but it seems to be pulling in fields associated with the paid option too. The FREE Members are not professionals so I don’t want them to fill in the same info.

Any suggestions to limit the free form to only top level info, i.e.: name, email, password and physical address.

Perhaps you have a snippet of code or can point me to a tut vid?

Cheers,
Daniel

Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 10:57 am #9460

Hey just checking in if anyone could answer this for me. We have the registration form for FREE members but it pulls in business fields too and we prefer two separate reg forms, one for professionals one for FREE members. Can this be done?

Posted: Thursday Mar 29th, 2012 at 10:21 pm #9524
Raam Dev
Username: Raam
Staff Member

Hi Daniel,

When you created the Custom Registration Fields (Dashboard -› s2Member® -› General Options -› Registration/Profile Fields), there’s an option to define which membership levels those fields are applicable to. By default, they’re set to apply to all levels. You should modify those fields so they only apply to the level you’re using for professionals. That way, those fields won’t show up on your free registration forms.

Posted: Saturday Mar 31st, 2012 at 5:06 am #9652

Hi,
I want to appologize first for sounding redundant but I’m having kind of the same problem as well.

I have 2 separate forms, basic for free subscriber and additional fields for members. The custom fields works great for free subscribers and paid membership form by restricting the custom fields to level=1 in profile fields & option.

Now my problem comes in when the free subscriber is upgrading to a member; the custom fields I had set for level=1 doesn’t show up in the forms. It only shows the basic name, username, email and password and the pay buttons. I tried using the shortcodes of pro forms for level#1 access and the pro billing modification forms but they still doesn’t show the custom fields for the member’s form. I also tried changing the levels back to 0 but they ending up showing in the free subscriber forms.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 3rd, 2012 at 5:04 am #9854

Hi Jesmon.

I’m pretty sure that the pro-form will only show those fields on registration, and after that only in the profile page. I’ll ask Jason how they can be shown in the pro-forms for a logged in user.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 3rd, 2012 at 11:34 am #9871
Staff Member

Thanks for the heads up on this thread.

Very sorry. Yes, that’s actually the behavior I would expect to see in the current release of s2Member Pro. Custom Registration/Profile Fields are not collected during checkout, if the customer is already logged into an account with your site. All that’s collected during checkout are the details required to complete the purchase.

In other words, if the Customer is logged in, Custom Registration Fields are not shown, under any circumstance. In this scenario, s2Member Pro Forms will streamline the checkout process, so that a customer only needs to enter data required to complete the purchase.

That being said, once the customer completes checkout and is upgraded to the new Level, their Profile will include any Customer Registration/Profile Fields that you configured for Level #1 Members. So once checkout is completed, you can suggest that your customer update his Profile.

We’re working to make things like this more flexible for site owners. Thanks for your patience.

Posted: Tuesday Apr 3rd, 2012 at 4:02 pm #9927

That being said, once the customer completes checkout and is upgraded to the new Level, their Profile will include any Customer Registration/Profile Fields that you configured for Level #1 Members. So once checkout is completed, you can suggest that your customer update his Profile.

Or you can take them to the profile page directly using the success attribute. [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› PayPal® Pro Forms -› Custom Return URLs Upon Success[/hilite]

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.