latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Unable to auto intergrated s2 member with s3

Home Forums Community Forum Unable to auto intergrated s2 member with s3

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices. Last updated by  Colin Erwin 3 years, 5 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Tuesday Jul 23rd, 2013 at 4:30 am #53850

This is a new website and I seem to have Unable to auto-configure Amazon® CloudFront Distributions.
Error code: 307. Error Message: Unable to update existing Amazon® S3 ACLs. Unable to acquire existing Amazon® S3 Bucket ACLs. Temporary Redirect

when I configure the bucket. The bucket name is colin-wayne-private can someone please pop in my website/ amazon and help me out.

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 23rd, 2013 at 11:53 pm #53924
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

Error code: 307. Error Message: Unable to update existing Amazon® S3 ACLs. Unable to acquire existing Amazon® S3 Bucket ACLs. Temporary Redirect

This error is caused when you already have Distros set up in your bucket and you try to set up s2Member with your bucket. If you have this bucket set up with another service, this won’t be possible. You’ll have to set up another bucket for s2Member.

If you’re planning to just use the bucket with s2Member, you’ll want to just delete your current distros, and then update them through your Dashboard.

See: http://s3browser.com/delete-cloudfront-distribution.php

Posted: Wednesday Jul 24th, 2013 at 5:19 am #53973

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for giving me these instructions so fast.

I cleared all my s2 member intergrations + used the tutorial above to remove destros. I deleted bucket and made a new bucket and even generated new security credentials making sure I grab the private key for intergration. This error still occurs.

I had it working once last night for some random reason but I actually think I was using the public key. So I restarted everything.

This plugin is definately the best on the market I just really need someone to pop in and help me out. Would you be willing to help me to see if you can get it working? How am I to send login details etc

Posted: Thursday Jul 25th, 2013 at 8:41 am #54027

Could you try resetting s2Member’s settings for Amazon using this hack? Knowledge Base » Reset the Amazon S3/CloudFront integration

After doing that, reconfigure your S3 integration here: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Amazon® S3/CDN Storage[/hilite]

I hope that helps! :)

Posted: Friday Jul 26th, 2013 at 2:40 am #54121

Thanks guys,

Have done what you said multiple times Cristian cannot seem to get it to work

Posted: Friday Jul 26th, 2013 at 7:29 am #54136

Could you send me your site’s info? Please include Amazon’s so I can review the whole integration. Thanks! s2Member® » Private Contact Form

Posted: Friday Jul 26th, 2013 at 10:16 am #54157

~ AUTO-GENERATED NOTICE TO SUPPORT REPS

Action taken: I posted a private contact form and referenced this Topic.

Posted: Monday Jul 29th, 2013 at 6:55 am #54331

Hi guys, I am just wondering on the process of my intergration :)

Posted: Wednesday Jul 31st, 2013 at 7:27 am #54470

Thanks for sending the info and your patience.

I reviewed your configuration and did a test to download a file from your bucket through s2Member, and didn’t have a problem. Try this URL changing the domain name to the actual one:

http://yoursite.com/?s2member_file_download=video.mp4

Are you still experiencing another problem I may not have noticed?

Posted: Wednesday Jul 31st, 2013 at 7:50 am #54471

Hi Cristian,

Fortunately I fixed the issue :) I had some htaccess files playing up as well as followed the CURL changes from one of jason’s videos.

I need a little help with something though.

I plan on having a membership website. I don’t want to allow users to download from urls only stream, I have figured this out but have fallen into another issue.

1) How can I update my JW so it is pro. I have a licence and have updated it through the text document provided with JW player.

2) I want users to pay for my membership on my main domain but have access to it through a sub domain. I basically want to keep my main site static but my private website on a subdomain like members.domain.com

Posted: Wednesday Jul 31st, 2013 at 8:01 am #54473

Great! Thanks for the update. I’m glad you sorted those out. :)

1) How can I update my JW so it is pro. I have a licence and have updated it through the text document provided with JW player.

You’d use the attribute [hilite mono]player_key="my-license-key"[/hilite] in your s2Stream shortcode. See: [hilite path]Dashboard -› s2Member® -› Download Options -› Shortcode Attributes -> s2Stream -> player_{setting}[/hilite]

2) I want users to pay for my membership on my main domain but have access to it through a sub domain. I basically want to keep my main site static but my private website on a subdomain like members.domain.com

You need s2Member in the site where the restriction is being enforced, so it’d be your subdomain. To sell s2Member access from outside, as in your static main site, you’d need a hack similar to this: Knowledge Base » ClickBank buttons outside the site with s2Member

I hope that helps! :)

Posted: Wednesday Jul 31st, 2013 at 8:22 am #54481

Thank you for your quick reply.

Would I need s2 member on both main domain and subdomain? I have never done this kind of membership with members on a sub domain. Would this work without any problems? Like there won’t be any intergration issues? I still want my clients to visit the main website every day and when they click members they will get taken to the subdomain. If they click the members and they are not members will it taken them to my membership options page on my main domain?

pretty much in a perfect integration I would the following.

User comes to main domain. Decides they want to sign up. They use pro form and create a password. I want my membership website if accessed (subdomain) to just display a login box. I don’t want any content visible on it just the login box.

Everyone will be able to access members.domainname.com as they still need to login if they are pre-existing clients but if anyone trys to access any urls within the membership site (sub domain) They will get redirected to membership option page on main domain.

Posted: Wednesday Jul 31st, 2013 at 8:22 am #54482

I hope that this makes sense and can be achieved.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.