latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Unable to translate front-end

Home Forums Community Forum Unable to translate front-end

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices. Last updated by  Bruce 3 years, 6 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Saturday Jul 6th, 2013 at 8:29 am #53075
o2xav
Username: o2Xav

Hi,

I have purchased s2member pro eysterday, and can’t make the translation work, my wordpress install does not use wp-content, the folder was renamed “contenu” for security purpose by bit51 wp-security plugin.

I tried putting the .mo french translated files in /contenu/plugins/*,

I also tried to create a /wp-content/plugins/* directory and put the translation files there,

The files have the right set of permissions (644) with the correct g-uid

I tried to clear cache (i am using your quickcache plugin)

And on the front end, the text that should be translated is not, like :
Card Number (no dashes or spaces) *
Card Expiration Date (mm/yyyy) *

And so on.
What else can i try?

Thank you

==========================
Edit:

In fact, i realised s2member can access the .mo file, because some of the form’s text is translated, but not all of it… When i remove read access to the .mo file, all text goes back to english.

Text that is not translated :
Card Number (no dashes or spaces) *
Card Expiration Date (mm/yyyy) *
Card Verification Code (3-4 digits) * besoin d’aide ?

See that the “need help” link has been translated

And the checkbox :
Yes, I want to receive updates via email

Thanks

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Tuesday Jul 9th, 2013 at 4:26 am #53151
Bruce
Username: Bruce
Staff Member

Thank you for reporting this important issue.

I’m very sorry for the delay in response. Thanks for your patience with us over the weekend.

The first thing I would try is changing these values through PHP using the information provided here:

Knowledge Base » Changing Words/Phrases In s2Member®

I can tell you that these strings are supposed to be translated, if you look in the /s2member-pro/includes/templates/forms/paypal-checkout-form.php file, s2Member is wrapping this value correctly to have WordPress’s translation functionality translate it correctly.

Let me know if you can get the PHP version of the translation to work, and we can move on from there. Thanks!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.