latest stable versions: v150827 (changelog)

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Understanding EOT/Cancel/Refunds

Home Forums Community Forum Understanding EOT/Cancel/Refunds

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices. Last updated by  CN 4 years, 11 months ago.

Topic Author Topic
Posted: Wednesday Feb 8th, 2012 at 7:50 am #4447

Hiya- love the new forums and site :)

I’m trying to wrap my head around when to edit a user’s info manually in the WP dash.. and when to let S2 demote.

We are a No Free Reg system. Users can purchase member access monthly recurring.. or yearly non recurring. We are generally a no refund policy.

But there is a cancellation option that the user has access to in their profile.

* Does a non recurring purchaser get the option to cancel?
* if so – does it get alerted to us in Paypal?
* If we choose to refund that person via Paypal does that interrupt the EOT demotion by S2?
* When does the demotion occur in a case of user canceling?

* If re-importing a user that has paid- do we only need to keep the Gateway IDs in tact.. or is there more that risks being broken if changed?

-grace

List Of Topic Replies

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Replies
Author Replies
Posted: Wednesday Feb 8th, 2012 at 8:01 am #4448

Additional question:

i have a user that purchased our 6month non recurring option.. then minutes later bought our 1 year non recurring. : /

What happens in this situation? It is access to the same thing/ same level purchased twice. Does the system add one purchase to the other.. so that the total would be 18 months? or does it overlap them concurrently?

Since the person did not create 2 accounts during this spending spree – only his current 1 year purchase shows in his 1 profile info. Does S2 cancel out the first purchase? or do we need to get in there and refund that first purchase manually?

Posted: Thursday Feb 9th, 2012 at 3:02 am #4554
CN
Username: mcmoney

Does a non recurring purchaser get the option to cancel?
– Wouldn’t matter, there’s nothing to cancel. It should auto-EOT.

if so – does it get alerted to us in Paypal?
Same as above

If we choose to refund that person via Paypal does that interrupt the EOT demotion by S2?
– You have EOT settings where you can choose what s2member does. I have mine set to demote immediately in the event of a refund, but EOT can take 24 hours from a refund or the end of their term.

When does the demotion occur in a case of user canceling?
– If someone bought 30 days and canceled on the 15th they’d get 15 more days, but the actual demotion or deletion would (should) occur within 24 hours of that date.

If re-importing a user that has paid- do we only need to keep the Gateway IDs in tact.. or is there more that risks being broken if changed?
– Not sure if I can properly answer this question but if the users signed up using s2member (not another method or plugin) then the gateway ID should suffice.

I highly recommend you check your members in the coming months. We have members that signed up through s2member with paypal who were never demoted or deleted. At the same time, we have members that are. So make sure to check your members and if you have any problems, report them.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic is closed to new replies. Topics with no replies for 2 weeks are closed automatically.

Old Forums (READ-ONLY): The community now lives at WP Sharks™. If you have an s2Member® Pro question, please use our new Support System.

Contacting s2Member: Please use our Support Center for bug reports, pre-sale questions & technical assistance.